View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 09:39 PM
aww thanks steve yes i have to agree chives are gorgeous i have them growing in my herb part of the garden with my 7 different variaties of mint,fresh mint with new pots lovely,ooh i love rhubarb picking it and dipping it in sugar and thats the only time i have sugar is when the rhubarb is around
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-06-2006, 10:39 PM
We would love to grow our own but don't have the space in our garden and haven't time for an allotment , did try it once
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

12-06-2006, 06:35 AM
Looks good B/L

I`ve done one this yr too, already had corgettes, lettuce, cucumbers & beetroot, they were delicious Just waiting on toms to ripen now as well Have irrigated it this yr so lot easier to manage

Heres a little simple recipe for toms seeings tho you & Fred like em with salt.

Slice toms pretty thin, arrange them spread out in a shallow dish, sprinkle over salt & then drizzle with a really good olive oil, cover & leave for a few hours at room temp. Then you`ll find that all the juices have come out, serve with crusty bread & enjoy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-06-2006, 06:55 AM
Lovely can't beat it my Dad had an allotment they never bought veg,my Mum finds it relly hard now since he died she can't find veg that tastes the same.We had an allotment too years ago but not the space now or the time,will do one day though when we move.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-06-2006, 12:56 PM
ooh thanks christine for the tip now that sounds really lovely will have a go at that later for my tea sounds very tasty,aww thanks zantababy your mum is right there you cant get a good veg in the shop especially one with good taste,i love being able to grow my own veg its so rewarding and theres so much to grow
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

12-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Hope you like it B/L, try experimenting with a few herbs over them as well, I`ve tried basil, thyme & marjoram different times tho & all worked well try your chives, I don`t lile them so have`t got them
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2