View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spot
Dogsey Veteran

16-08-2007, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
• Can afford to pay for the recommended health tests for the bitch and, where necessary, her litter.

• Can afford to pay for the food/inoculations required for the bitch and her pups until the time they are homed. (This can sometimes exceed 3 or 4 months.)

• Are able to take back or re-home any puppies if necessary.

* Check that the stud dog being used has undergone any healthchecks relevant to the breed and is otherwise fit and healthy.

The above is based on advice from the UK Kennel Club.
Can I ask do breeders only have to show they can afford to do these test but do not have to show any proof that they have had them done?

Are able to take back puppies? Not contracted that puppies are returned?

Health checks for the stud but not the bitch?

Also you said in your locking statement on the other thread that this site is for responsible breeders - is that only responsible breeders not rescues - are you shutting the rescue part of the site down?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-08-2007, 07:26 PM
LS - will have a read of your points when I get two mins

Spot - I've added "When it comes to breeding," to the start of that sentence. And opened the thread again as I locked it by accident.

With regards to rescue, of course we are still behind the rescue effort, in fact we will be drawing up a Rescues Charter too Again, I think another first in the Dog World.

With regards to your other point, this should cover it: * Give careful consideration to health issues, temperament and soundness and be aware of the specific hereditary and congenital defects affecting their breed.

But maybe we should add: and carry out all the recommended health tests for your bitch as specified by the breeds relevant club.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Affording to pay the health tests.
How about must have all relevant health tests for each breed done, with satisfactory results (according to each breed) BEFORE breeding from any male or female?
Dawn
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Just 1 thing.
What about the dam being in top condition prior to breeding and having the correct care before she whelps.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Affording to pay the health tests.
How about must have all relevant health tests for each breed done, with satisfactory results (according to each breed) BEFORE breeding from any male or female?
Dawn
Good point.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
LS - will have a read of your points when I get two mins
Yeah sorry it's my regulatory background
Azz
Administrator
Male 

16-08-2007, 07:44 PM
OK locked pending update.

When I get five mins I'll update the Charter and post it in a _new_ thread. We can then take it from there.

I think that will be the best way forward as then if someone's point hasn't been addressed they can bring it back up _after_ reviewing the latest update
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4