View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-02-2007, 01:10 PM
Of course the lack of traction can be a good thing too! If it's by your front door, when visitors arrive, you can just lightly hold your over excited doggy's collar and watch the wheel spins!
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Rich I was just thinking that

Just Roxy has done a great sliding tackle across our kitchen a few times, but they do adapt and its much easier than cleaning the carpets. I'd go for it
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 01:20 PM
I always feel like a tiny voice in the wilderness whenever I mention this but rather than laminate, I opted for Rhinofloor in wood floor effect.

It looks good [ many designs / colours available ]
Its inexpensive - bonus !
Its classified as Safety Flooring because its nonslip even when wet [ and muddy ],
Cleans like you expect from lino [ easily iow ! ],

Most importantly, none of my five have ever slipped on it - thats why I chose it in the first place.
Its certainly proved its worth and then some !!

http://www.armstrong.com/resflreu/eu..._by_design.asp

I got mine through Carpetright but its available in many retailers which are listed there too.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 02:07 PM
We have laminate, my oh thinks its great, I admit its easy to clean, but it looks dirty all the time unless ur trailing with a mop everytime the dogs go outside....

Mine slip over all the time too....personally out of choice I wouldn't have it again, but carpet with my lot would be bad in this house - the living room is off the back door...

Nightmare!
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 02:10 PM
i no a GS who lives with wood flooring and he is fine as well as two great danes and a jack russel who is also fine, real wood gets damanged real easy but laminate hold up well, so much easier with house training too
ATD xxx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 02:42 PM
It was easier with house training.....but my gsd slips and slides everywhere, its hard for her to get up could be because she's long haired though!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
If they had carpet or hardwood would the dog stop moulting, hair would still be there. The fact it accumulates is a good thing in my opinion because it makes
All my rooms get hoovered daily, but with laminate, as soon as the hoovering has been done, the dog hair is visible straight away, as the dogs moult - and when we stroke her, even more comes off.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 03:59 PM
My house doesn't smell of 'dog', and we only have laminate in 1 room upstairs. The rest is carpet.
My sister also has carpet, and her house doesnt smell of dog either!! (and i'm not just saying that cos i'm used to living here. All my friends hate dogs, and have told me when I've asked that my house doesn't smell of dog)

Teagan is 3, and STILL can't master walking on laminate.

My Mum had Karndene at her old house, and my Yorkie scratched it all. Even cleaning/polishing wouldn't get the scratches out
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Azz, have you got suspended floors or solid? If you've got floorboards then just take the carpets up and varnish or get a decent floor paint. Real wood is a totally different case to laminate - still easy to look after if it's properly sealed, but altogether less slippery. And minor scratches and dings just add to its character.
madisondobie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Ive always had laminate and have had no problems so far even when i had two wolfhounds charging in and out of the garden, my dobie loves it and has learnt to chase her ball and sort of skid in a circle to get round the ball and then catch it,i have carpet on the stairs but not for much longer as its driving me crazy hoovering dobie hairs up all the time!!
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >