View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 09:21 AM
I would say no, it is easier to clean, but we have it and Toby who is only a small dog can't run round the table without slipping. Plus he used to jump from half way down the stairs and go sliding along the floor We have a rug at the bottom of the stairs now, he likes jumping on that now cos it shuffles about on the floor
Biff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post

It hasn't got scratches that I can see, but the dog hairs collect all around the edge lol
If they had carpet or hardwood would the dog stop moulting, hair would still be there. The fact it accumulates is a good thing in my opinion because it makes you realise you should give your room a clean.

To be fair though, laminate flooring is a bit of a tricky one for an excitable dog. Biff can't find any grip when people come round, and the sound it makes when he goes nuts makes it sound worse than it actually is. We have a couple of scratches, nothing major though.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 09:28 AM
We have a cheap version of Kardean (?) flooring down in the hall and living room and lino in the kitchen.
We hoover daily as there's a lot of hair here...and mop out!!! We need to put a polish on the flooring about once a month.

It's pricey but worth every penny.

Yes, puppies slip on it BUT puppies slip on anything, they have no real awareness of their limbs....
Yes hair turns into massive fur balls that blow around the edges....but just think, that fur would otherwise be in your carpet.
YES YES YES it cuts down on dog smell.

I would now not be without it, although we have recently put a big rug in the living room as the boys (son included) like to lie on it as it's warmer than the flooring and closer to us than their beds.
The thought of what was actually on my carpet....hair, dead skin, doggy dribbles...bits of food, mud....the list is endless and makes me feel ill.
Nope...I would certainly reccomend it, it will take a while for him to get used to it but once they do it's fine. I think some laminates are slippier than others, one we have in one of the bedrooms is a bad one....shop around and check them out.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 09:30 AM
We've got laminate all of downstairs, yes it's easy to clean, my dogs have learnt not to run around on it or they will slip, but I have to say if I have a bitch in whelp I have rugs down everywhere. No scratches on it either and my living room/dining room has been down a couple of years now, I wouldn't go back to carpet.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 10:01 AM
i have laminate in the whole of my downstairs 2,easy to clean,no scratchets,fab.
trin doesnt slip about as shes learnt to walk on it fine.
you can cet the dog hair up so much easier and you dont have to log a huge carpet cleaner over your floors everyfew months then having to wait 4it 2 dry.
wen the dog gets mud in the house,one squit of cleaner and some kitchen roll and hey presto,and the dirt is gone
ha ha
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 10:03 AM
i think they invented laminate for people with dogs and kids,whoeva came up with the idea is a genius!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 10:15 AM
hi i have laminated flooring in every room threw choice and cos of the girls .
1 its easier to keep clean wen they come in covered in mud
2 it doesn get scratched or damaged
it mite take a while though for him to get used to walking on my girls are very excitable but they dnt slide on it to much .
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 10:15 AM
i was going to mention Kardene but Ramble beat me to it.LOL!

it comes in all sorts of patterns and styles and colours. it can be as expensive as you want.

it does come in non-slip.

i have it in my bathroom, and it doesn't matter what you chuck on it, it stays looking good and cleans up great.

M&S use this on their shop floors cause its so hardwearing.
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 10:52 AM
I put laminate down last April and think its brilliant. Mine is grooved to look like proper floorboards and has a grained texture which means that the dogs don't slip on it. Its easily wiped and cleaned, I had a soundproofing underlay put down under it as well so theres not so much noise.
It wasn't the cheapest laminate in the shop but it still worked out cheaper than putting a good carpet down, and much more practical with 3 very lively dogs in the house!
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2007, 12:48 PM
We have two large breed dogs (Malamutes) and one medium (Australian Shepherd) and have just finished laminating the whole of the downstairs (except for the kitchen and conservatory). I was actually suprised at how quickly they have adapted. If they run around then they do slip a bit, but they have caught on fast and we are putting rugs down in the living room to minimise the chance of any slipping.
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >