Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron
http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/
I tried this one too Ceiron and it came out with the result - Not Bad whatever that means It does seem to have speeded up a bit though since I have done the tests for some strange reason
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

26-07-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I tried this one too Ceiron and it came out with the result - Not Bad whatever that means It does seem to have speeded up a bit though since I have done the tests for some strange reason

lol if you look on the right of the screen yo ushoudl see 3 bars, on says you, one says uk, one says t1, or osmethign liek that.

the top bar si your speed though.

yours will only be 1 meg though.

and it is relative too, because up to 50 peopel maybe more if your isp is stingy can share your connection effecitively, called a contention ratio, so you will find its slower during peak hourse.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 10:07 PM
lol if you look on the right of the screen yo ushoudl see 3 bars, on says you, one says uk, one says t1, or osmethign liek that.

the top bar si your speed though.

yours will only be 1 meg though.

and it is relative too, because up to 50 peopel maybe more if your isp is stingy can share your connection effecitively, called a contention ratio, so you will find its slower during peak hourse.

Okay thanks Ceiron - its seems fine again now thank goodness, perhaps all the sharers have bogged off to bed
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

26-07-2006, 10:09 PM
prolly, also remember theres liek what 4 of u sharing a connection too so if one starts downloading will affect you all.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2006, 10:11 PM
prolly, also remember theres liek what 4 of u sharing a connection too so if one starts downloading will affect you all.
No only 3 of us - me, Laura and Dan - the laptop is only used as a spare Don't think any of us download anything though but Dan does like playing his Guild Wars online game though
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2