View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Thank you GirondeDeb and Mini.........I have just ordered some of that wax from Amazon after reading all the reviews and the product information.

If it is as good as everyone says it is, then it might just be the solution to my problem, as it is only applied once a week or so and protects the pads from scuffing etc. Oh please keep your fingers crossed
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Hi Mini, no this particular paw is not part of his allergy problems, the ones that are affected develop abscesses which compared to this are a doddle to deal with! This injury was from some unknown sharp thing that sliced his pad - it keeps healing, and then breaking down again, and to be honest it depresses me because the reason for the breakdown each time is totally unpreventable, i.e. he scuffs it on the carpet. Walking is fine once it has healed over, and so is running around in the garden, but how on earth do you predict and prevent that sudden berserkum around the room? He will just suddenly set off, as most dogs do at some point during the day, and madly hurtle around skidding on his paws. That is what has set him back again each time with this, and I am in despair!

I will look into that link, but am extremely wary because of his allergies.
Sally a dogs paws should easily cope with rushing around on all sorts of surfaces. I think there may be an underlying problem here maybe related to the allergy causing the skin and pads to be fragile and prone to scuffing. Some kind of balm may help by making the pads more supple and resilient.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Sally a dogs paws should easily cope with rushing around on all sorts of surfaces. I think there may be an underlying problem here maybe related to the allergy causing the skin and pads to be fragile and prone to scuffing. Some kind of balm may help by making the pads more supple and resilient.
I think that you are right, as his paws are definitely fragile, although we have never had a detaching pad before. Apart from this current problem which was caused by standing on something sharp, we could never fathom what triggered his abscesses etc. No particular time of year, or specific weather conditions, route for walk......a total mystery.

Thank you so much for your support, it helps so much it really does.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2012, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I think that you are right, as his paws are definitely fragile, although we have never had a detaching pad before. Apart from this current problem which was caused by standing on something sharp, we could never fathom what triggered his abscesses etc. No particular time of year, or specific weather conditions, route for walk......a total mystery.

Thank you so much for your support, it helps so much it really does.
Poor little chap, to must be horrible to have sore paws
I hope things improve soon Sally...
GirondeDeb
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Fingers and toes crossed that the balm works for a long-term solution. I look forward to hearing how he gets on with it.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3