View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 11:46 AM
If its a cross breed, i.e Labradoodle, cockerpoo ect ect, then the fact that it is a cross breed should imo be reflected in the price...
did anyone see the wee tiny piggies a woman is breeding 14 inches fully grown apparently she can't keep up with demands for them, poor pigs xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 12:47 PM
I am beginning to think, the better the breeder, the cheaper the price! I was quite gobsmacked at the price of my latest dog, fully health tested, blah, blah, blah, and yet she was £200 cheaper than I paid for my last one 13 years ago, who was not such a high quality dog! Therefore, I am now of the opinion, that really good breeders are in it only for furthering the lines, producing new litters of the highest quality and what they themselves want to get out of it, by that I mean the reason they are breeding in the first place, i.e.my breeder bred for looks and drive, and it gives them tremendous pride in seeing all the offspring developing and going on to do what they do best, and a good home is far, far more important to this type of breeder than any money. I should imagine this type of breeder could actually end up out of pocket after producing a litter, whereas a lot of others are totally in it for the money imo!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Interesting question but, whenever I have got a Stafford (only KC pedigree dogs I've ever had) the last thing I look at is the price although I have to say I have neevr paid anythig like the prices you hear bandied about word of mouth is eveyrthing I think in dog buying it not what you see advertised you want its what is not advertised like the breeder who people "WANT dogs from" as apposed to those who "want a dog " does that make sense. Find a dog you liek at a show or event research its background who bred it does it fit what you want like...if so see whats about similar breeding (sire if you are lucky dam) and then contact the breeder....and wait ususally till they want a pup themselves or to progress for a reason,then get vetted and vet them yourself. Then a litter is born you are invited to see you choose...you then go over the price...Worked for me. Good breeders want good homes for their pups they don't care if they are show homes they want FOREVER HOMES. At least mine did. Showing is for a year or two and a dog is forever.

Edited to say just realised my reply is similar to Helena's above....Good breeders are just that and I have noticed rarely advertise at all. They don;t need to but to find them you need to be "Sherlock Holmes" OR "just plain lucky" OR "like what they breed" OR "in the know"
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-10-2009, 04:32 PM
In Sibes I would definatley say the more you pay the worse the breeder! for a GOOD pup from reputable breeders you are looking at between £500-£750 I think the breed club recommends £650 at the moment.

For a pup from non health tested parents, and a breeder that couldnt give two hoots were it ended up you are looking at between £750 and £1500!!

bonkers!!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Im welshies were all seem to charge the same around abut £750
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by gemma riley View Post
In Sibes I would definatley say the more you pay the worse the breeder! for a GOOD pup from reputable breeders you are looking at between £500-£750 I think the breed club recommends £650 at the moment.

For a pup from non health tested parents, and a breeder that couldnt give two hoots were it ended up you are looking at between £750 and £1500!!

bonkers!!
OMG!!!
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by gemma riley View Post

bonkers!!
Same with Mals!! although its £850 -950 and then £1000 upwards from untested etc
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2