View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Rescue or not Lynne, she should still have the dog under control, on a lead until she has got complete control! We have one round here like her but with a gsd!!!! NO way are you a bad owner, accidents happen, wrong time wrong place for your o/h with Ben, don't blame yourself in any way Lynne. I hope Ben will be fine when he heals up.xxxxx
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 07:51 PM
Thank you all and Tawneywolf that sounds like a nightmare, shes not as bad as that but she does still walk where other dogs are and seem to have no control whatsoever and then be very blase when the dog attacks. I know we did all we could to prevent Ben attacking when he had an issue with other dogs and now I really hope the klast 2 years havnt gone to waste but I guess time will tell.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 07:58 PM
oh Lynne, that is so like you to worry that you are being too harsh on the other owner/dog. You're right that it probably isn't the dogs fault that it is as it is, but as others have said, there is no way the woman should have allowed this to happen, particularly when she said 'she's always doing it'.

You have been there yourself with Ben before you worked on the issue, but I know that you woud never have had the attitude of this woman.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Sending Ben some gentle Fudge hugs.....and some from me to you....
jones
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-10-2009, 08:26 PM
what an awful thing to happen, and hugs to you and ben with a speedy recovery..

I agree no excuses can be made even if the dog is a rescue dog, by the sounds of it this women isn't even attempting to deal with any issuse that the dog has, not sure what is worse her lack of proper control of her dog or her flippent attitude towards the attacks....

I would have demanded an address from her, as I would have informed her on the spot to expect my vet bill. and that I would be reporting the incident to both the police and dog warden....

If she does drive her dog to the park, then get her car reg number, and report her to the police as they can trace her number plate, not sure whether a dog warden would have the power to do this but always worth asking...

Sadly unless you make a stand this women will continual to allow her dog to attack others until some-one stands up to her to make her responsible
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-10-2009, 08:27 PM
He is a lovely boy Lynne and I just hope that all this doesn't set him back because you have worked so hard with him.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2009, 08:41 PM
The gang send thier love and ((((hugs)))) hun to ben and of course you xxxx
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 12:49 AM
poor ben

what a stupid woman! her dog should be either muzzled or kept on lead!

hope he gets all better soon, and overcomes this.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 07:00 AM
Pleased to report that the cut near his eye is not so angry and red today though the eyelid area has swollen up, the cuts on his neck are fine, but I wasnt ever that worried about them. He keeps shaking hois head but I have checked his ears and I am guessing and hoping its just because the swelling seems strange to him. He will be on his own till lunchtime. Then OH going to take him to the big prk and act normally and see how he goes with other dogs. If it comes to it I might go to the flyball team and ask if we can meet some of the collies in the park (not at flyball but just on a walk)
Will get car reg as we see her all the time and can contact dog warden as I work for council too so that should be very easy. Thanks guys
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-10-2009, 07:12 AM
i've just seen this thread and wanted to add my god wishes for poor ben. how scary for you both! i hope he is all healed up soon.

i've had issues with my collie since i got him regarding his behaviour with other dogs. i watch him like a hawk and we haven't got into any nasty situations although he has been attacked twice. (totally unprovoked) it's horrible and i hope you get this woman reported.

xx
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >