Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scottyboyhewson
New Member!
Male 

12-01-2011, 11:41 AM

Two bitches

if you get both bitches spayed mum and daughter is there a good chance of them getting on and not fighting all the time
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 11:51 AM
My puppy's breeder has kept a girl from several litters and all live well together without any spaying.....
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 11:53 AM
we have mother and daughters, that we have bred and kept for the ring - never had a problem and neither are spayed. Infact the bond between them is so much stronger, and amazing to watch.
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 12:22 PM
We have 3 unspayed bitches in our family 2 of which live together and they get on fine. Its my spayed bitch that can be the grumpy one!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 12:35 PM
I`ve had bitches who can live together, but have come across those who can`t. I think it`s more to do with temperament tbh. Although spaying will address the moodiness some bitches have at times in their cycle.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 12:38 PM
iv had 2 bitches live together no problem
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 01:26 PM
I've had 3 different pairs of bitches together (not related), and for a while they weren't both speyed, due to one always being a puppy, but I never, ever had any fights between any of them and I'm going back many years here.

The breeder of my current youngster kept a bitch from her litter which she has now bred from, so obviously not speyed, so that's two unspeyed bitches of the same family been together for over 2 years with no fighting!
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Years ago my mum bred her labs (working gun dogs) and kept a bitch, she only has the daughter left now at age 10 and never one grumble in all those years
mavis mary1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2011, 02:07 PM
I had mother and daughter german shepherds and I had to split them up ,the mother would have killed her daughter given the chance ,the mother put her daughter in the vets and out of the blue would just randomly attack .It was very worrying and I was heartbroken to have to part with the mother . The mother had been a working police dog and had been used in a police breeding program ,we go the daughter first, and then we were offered the mother nine months later all was well at first and then the attacks just increased over time .
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-01-2011, 02:23 PM
I have 2 unrelated bitches and they have never fought. They sleep in the same bed and are left alone together on a regular basis with no problems. One speyed, one not
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >