View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm glad they're stopping dogs from being docked - I think a dog with a beautiful tail looks much better than a dog who has been docked for cosmetic reasons. I personally prefer it, but thats my opinion. There is just no need for it!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by fluffybunnyfeet View Post
He's gorgeous, how can anyone say that he looks wrong with a tail!
Becky
greysmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-02-2007, 03:49 PM
JMHO.

Nature has given dogs tails, just as it gives humans arms. Part and parcel of the animal. Roll on April.
I've known loads of working dogs that have got their tails, they haven't suffered at all.
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-02-2007, 06:41 PM
What annoys me is that in my area there are two puppy farms that breed mini schnauzers cockers and poodles (amongst others) all with tails as they wouldn't dream of paying a vet to dock, they don't pay a vet to treat their breeding stock for very real and serious afflictions so to do it for looks is out of the question unless it affected their sales. Their dogs have many hereditory problems as a lot are inbred and unless they have been bought in have not had any health screenings to prevent these problems. However when people go to view their puppies they harp on and claim not to dock their pups as they don't agree with it, its cruel etc so gullible joe bloggs proudly trots off with his undocked poorly bred dog which will more than likely develop problems before adulthood thinking hes had it from a wonderful caring breeder who is ethical and moral enough to be anti docking for the sake of the pup.It really gets my goat and I wonder if this will be even more commonplace when the ban comes in as it will be easier for the puppy farms to disguise themselves as proper ethical breeders.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2007, 12:29 AM
my mate lost 4pups to having them docked as she thought they wouldnt sell with tails.
the vet gave her ointment but they still got infected.
docking is unnessesary and barbaric
safneo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Dogs partly communicate with their tails. Why would you want to breed them to take part of their communication system away?
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14