View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't have a Mum of my own, so borrow the OH's and have ordered a huge bunch of flowers for her.

I am a Mum myself, but will be working, as I have the last 8 Mother's Days (it always falls on my weekend to work ) but that's fine with me.
He's bought a card and a pressie for me, so a cuddle with my towering giant of a son will be perfect.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 10:31 PM
I might get a pressie but then i'm really not fussed I'm not really commercial I have 2 great boys whom I am very proud to be there mum anyday not just mothers day
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 10:48 PM
I love to spoil oh's Mum as having boys she has never really had Mother's Day cards ( neither are that way inclined )

She refuses to recognise birthday's anymore
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 11:34 PM
As i lost my mum three years ago mothers day is,nt the same any more for me my daughter has to work but i might see her in the afternoon if i dont she will ring me
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Well I'll be at work from 07:15 - 21:30!

So no, nothing special on the day I'm afraid, except a card and a couple of pressies obviously!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-03-2008, 07:55 AM
I have got a nice plant for my Mum and will pop it over tomorrow and cards to her from the boys. My Mum kinds of expects it too like Ailsa said.
My boys are also great and they do get me a card and pressies but I really would not mind of they didn't as others have said I am pleased to be their Mum and they have been great boys and I am proud to be their Mum all year.
Michael did remember and sent me a card and it brought a tear to my eye. He thought I thought he would forget now he has left home. I will see Mark for a little while tomorrow but would prefer that he spent his money and time with his Partner and Children as she works so hard.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2008, 09:09 AM
To all you Mums out there, Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow and I think the gifts you have mentioned you are getting are lovely!

As most of you know I lost my Mum last year, so are treating my MIL instead. Condolences to anyone else whose Mum has passed away also.

I suggested to Sid we buy his Mum gift vouchers from our local beauty salon, so she could treat herself to a nice massage. It's the sort of thing she would never do herself and I know she will love it.

He never even realized it was Mother's Day so it's a good job I mentioned it!! Don't think men are usually very good at thinking of this stuff are they?
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2008, 09:14 AM
Well my plans are down the drain as my boss appears to have failed to pay me yesterday and so I have no money for the weekend

I was already VERY low on cash so don't think I'll even manage a bunch of daffodils let alone a continental breakfast
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2008, 09:20 AM
I lost my mum 3 years ago, so I have to be honest, I hate mothers day.

I've bought my step mum, and nan's cards, and we're all going out for Sunday lunch, but I have to be honest, I'll probably just be grumpy all day - might go and buy my mum a card regardless.....
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2