Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-11-2008, 03:15 PM

Laundry stealing

Do any of you have dogs who do this?

Both my Borzois when they were puppies stole the washing from the line, but Rye was especally "good" at this and he would run off with whatever garment and bring it to you and when you reached for it ran off again, it was a great game this. (ignore all the real doggy toys) - the washing is much more fun) and then when Pellow came along Rye would get the garment from the line and the two of them play Tug of war they have ruined many of my hubbies T'shirts doing this and tho' I can laugh at it now it was not so funny at the time. Now I do miss the puppy days and would gladly replace the ripped T'shirts just to watch the fun. and delight on their wee puppy faces.

They were also good at taking your bra's and pants from the washing machine and trotting into the lounge when you has visitors especially non-doggy visitors
who did not undertsnd this and that dogs will be dogs and they don't care who they embarass LOL
Female 

13-11-2008, 03:26 PM
ooh, Eunince, this did put a smile on my face imagining a young Pellow & Rye wandering into the lounge with a bra trailing behind them

of course with their size, washing on a line would be easy to reach and they must've thought the washing machine was the magic toy cupboard

(sounds like you are getting broody for a wee pup )
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2008, 03:37 PM
I had a labrador once that had a penchant for my dirty underwear
b-eye
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2008, 03:38 PM
goy three here ecactly the same Eunice, Bilbo is nearly six and he still does it McKenzys fav is following OH around and pinching his tools,think hes training to be a "sparky" hes just finished chewing the handle of a very expensive screwdriver
huggles
b-eye
rottiedad
Dogsey Junior
Male 

13-11-2008, 03:50 PM
ours have the sock fetish everyday they have them only thing is if u dont catch them its a game of tug lol
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Yup, Murphy is a washing thief....

He has pulled towels and OH's white work shirts off the line and dragged them down the garden and a few months ago, he stole a white bra from the clean washing and ran off into the garden with it on his head....
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I had a labrador once that had a penchant for my dirty underwear
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Sydney used to take the washing off the line when she was a puppy.

The other week, she got into my mum's washing machine and pulled out all the washing that was waiting to be washed. Think she was trying to help!!
Irish Setter Mu
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Years ago when I only had Duke and he was a puppy, I left him out in the back garden for a while when I popped up town.

During my absence someone had attempted to deliver a catalogue delivery to my house, decided they couldn't fit it through the letter box, saw there was a "fierce"(not) Irish Setter in the garden (by looking over our stone wall), so decided to lob the parcel over the wall.

When I got back I discovered it was my new underwear that I had ordered and dear Duke had unwrapped it for me and dragged it round the garden and it was no longer bright white!

I did phone the catalogue company and asked what had possessed their driver to do this - it would have fitted through the letterbox no problem!
Woodstock
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by rottiedad View Post
ours have the sock fetish everyday they have them only thing is if u dont catch them its a game of tug lol
Ditto. Mine are exactly the same!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >