Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
not heard that one before...
hehe i not hear that either. I thought it was comes out your bum like a bullet from a gun! I like your version though.....far truer!
susanatlasinski
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 04:47 PM
I fed pedigree for years, first the advance formula then when that was sold to a spanish company and pedigree launched the professional I fed that, I reared my 3 litters on it and they were all big healthy puppies with solid poos!

In the past I have tried Hills...it ran through them, Eukanuba....it caused 3 of my Sibes to develope Zinc deficiency, James welbeloved....ran right through them, but they were great on pedigree (advance & professional) though the complete that you buy in the supermarket ran through them too. So whats good for one dog isn't always suitable for an other.

I changed to Arden Grange a couple over a year ago, mainly because I was finding it difficult to get to the breeders pick up point for the pedigree and I could order Arden Grange through our supplier at work. I was also thinking of having a litter and wasn't happy that my pups would be reared on Pedigree proffesional puppy but when they went to their new homes the owners wouldn't be able to get it and would have to change their diet. I'm glad I changed to Arden grange when I did because of how pedigree have treated the breeder club members. My friend also fed P. Professional, she went onto the website to try to order some and it wasn't on it, she e-mailed pedigree to ask if it would be available and never got a reply from them, she now has her dogs on Arden grange too.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by susanatlasinski View Post
I fed pedigree for years, first the advance formula then when that was sold to a spanish company and pedigree launched the professional I fed that, I reared my 3 litters on it and they were all big healthy puppies with solid poos!

In the past I have tried Hills...it ran through them, Eukanuba....it caused 3 of my Sibes to develope Zinc deficiency, James welbeloved....ran right through them, but they were great on pedigree (advance & professional) though the complete that you buy in the supermarket ran through them too. So whats good for one dog isn't always suitable for an other.

I changed to Arden Grange a couple over a year ago, mainly because I was finding it difficult to get to the breeders pick up point for the pedigree and I could order Arden Grange through our supplier at work. I was also thinking of having a litter and wasn't happy that my pups would be reared on Pedigree proffesional puppy but when they went to their new homes the owners wouldn't be able to get it and would have to change their diet. I'm glad I changed to Arden grange when I did because of how pedigree have treated the breeder club members. My friend also fed P. Professional, she went onto the website to try to order some and it wasn't on it, she e-mailed pedigree to ask if it would be available and never got a reply from them, she now has her dogs on Arden grange too.
Do you feel then that pedigree have sort of put the nail in the there own coffin due to the changes they have made?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 05:30 PM

Pedigree Proffessional is on the web site but its only available in 15 kilo bags which is far too big as I only wean them for the few weeks on them.
chelsea21
New Member!
Female 

27-10-2008, 06:29 PM
I think it right why does the kennel club have the right to say what a dog should look like . does it really matter what they look like anyway i have a cross breed { rescue} and a greyhound{rescue } . i makes me sick that dogs have breathing problems ect . i no some people will not agree with me but i think dogs should be jugded on what they look like natrully . I also have a grooming and pet service business and i think that has made me more concerned seeing all the different breed .
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by chelsea21 View Post
I think it right why does the kennel club have the right to say what a dog should look like . does it really matter what they look like anyway i have a cross breed { rescue} and a greyhound{rescue } . i makes me sick that dogs have breathing problems ect . i no some people will not agree with me but i think dogs should be jugded on what they look like natrully . I also have a grooming and pet service business and i think that has made me more concerned seeing all the different breed .
the problem is.. The KC.. dont have the right to say what a dog looks like..
Its the breed clubs that do that...

the threads not really about the kc though its more about pedigree pet foods.
susanatlasinski
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Do you feel then that pedigree have sort of put the nail in the there own coffin due to the changes they have made?
I have heard a lot of show people/breeders, who fed pedigree for a long time, saying that they were not happy in the way they were treated and have changed to a different food, so they are going to loose a lot of business, but whether it will be enough of a loss to a company the size of masterfoods...who knows?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 08:49 PM
I have heard a lot of show people/breeders, who fed pedigree for a long time, saying that they were not happy in the way they were treated and have changed to a different food, so they are going to loose a lot of business, but whether it will be enough of a loss to a company the size of masterfoods...who knows?
I was once talking to one of the other reps from a differnt company and he mentioned he thought pedigree although part of the Mars group was more or less autonamous. I wondered if they were struggling. I feel they've let the breeders down and if one of the other companies developed a puppy porridge I'd happliy not have anything to do with them again.
As it is they've made it so hard to get the larger quantity gravy bones, markies, smokeos etc from pah and using there own brands.
susanatlasinski
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Arden Grange do a weaning/puppy diet, I haven't tried it myself but one of the nurses I work with is using it on an abandoned puppy that she is rearing and the puppy is doing really well on it.

I will let my friend know that they now have professional on the website, it would have been good if they could have replyed to her original e-mail!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2008, 09:43 PM
Arden Grange do a weaning/puppy diet, I haven't tried it myself but one of the nurses I work with is using it on an abandoned puppy that she is rearing and the puppy is doing really well on it.

I will let my friend know that they now have professional on the website, it would have been good if they could have replyed to her original e-mail!
Takes at least three emails before they bother to reply, might be busy with all the complaints
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5