Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 11:39 AM

Zena (gsd pup) & Georgie playing again!

Has anyone got a kitchen they can lend me please, coz I seem to have lost mine???!!!

Please play with me Georgie

Look at my lovely fluffy ears, you can chew them if you want

I promise I won't nip you too hard this time

See, I knew you'd want to play with me really

See, I knew I'd make you laugh eventually

... and now they're sleeping, I can get on with some lunch Thanks for looking at my little sweetheart, she's still being a very good girl. She even scratched at the back door to go out this morning for a poo, so if that isn't house trained I don't know what is! Bless her heart, she's soooo eager to please mummy
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Aww cute Helena, she's lovely but I think I've missed a few more posts somewhere - thought you were going for another white? She looks as if she's not going to be the very heavy coat more of the luxury coat (like Darla). Aren't shep pups so good though - they learn so very quickly
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 12:14 PM
Looking wonderful - both of them
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Hi Kath, no you missed so much, it started with a white, then went onto the ones we looked at but were too young, and then everyone on her list took their choice, and I was having to wait, but in the meantime, Mishflynn on here found me this little darling who was bred by an Obedience person who would not normally let any of her pups go to anyone outside that circuit, but she liked us and let us have her, so not only is this dog a smart gsd as they all are, she's kind of extra smart I know that now, after only one week of training at home, how quickly she seems to be picking everything up, it's quite incredible for such a young puppy, but then I am a bit of a nagger with them which I think helps at this age, it seems to have done the trick with her anyways!

Yes her coat I hope is going to be the silky type, and of course, I've seen the mother, the grandmother and a couple of others from previous litters at home where I got her, and they all look almost identical with that soft type silky fur, but as long as it's longer than standard I'm not fussed, as you know, I do have a preference for my longcoats and always have, nobody will ever change that! Even if she turned out to be a shortcoat, how could we possible not love her as much as we do, but I think we're safe, you only have to look at her fluffy ears!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 12:28 PM
Ah right well whatever she is lovely and I'm sure she will be a luxury coat, she'll maybe turn out a little lighter than Darla but if you've seen her mum and so on you should have a good idea. I'll watch with interest as THIS is the summer we plan to breed Darla one litter been getting all health checks through and so on. MAY even be with Storm (his haemaphillia results to come back 1st), which will probably upset the purists LOL, a beautifully breed traditional coloured with a blue. My vet has already reserved one - IF we go ahead.

Keep posting the pics - loving them
SKing87
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2009, 12:32 PM
awwwwww how very lovely and its such a relief to see the new puppy getting on with your bigger dog.

i just love the gsd colours and the big ears, irresistable!

sounds like shes a clever girl too
SKing87
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Hi Kath, no you missed so much, it started with a white, then went onto the ones we looked at but were too young, and then everyone on her list took their choice, and I was having to wait, but in the meantime, Mishflynn on here found me this little darling who was bred by an Obedience person who would not normally let any of her pups go to anyone outside that circuit, but she liked us and let us have her, so not only is this dog a smart gsd as they all are, she's kind of extra smart I know that now, after only one week of training at home, how quickly she seems to be picking everything up, it's quite incredible for such a young puppy, but then I am a bit of a nagger with them which I think helps at this age, it seems to have done the trick with her anyways!

Yes her coat I hope is going to be the silky type, and of course, I've seen the mother, the grandmother and a couple of others from previous litters at home where I got her, and they all look almost identical with that soft type silky fur, but as long as it's longer than standard I'm not fussed, as you know, I do have a preference for my longcoats and always have, nobody will ever change that! Even if she turned out to be a shortcoat, how could we possible not love her as much as we do, but I think we're safe, you only have to look at her fluffy ears!
Are the long coat GSDs very bad for shedding? I love the long coat, but I hate hoovering
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Meganrose View Post
Ah right well whatever she is lovely and I'm sure she will be a luxury coat, she'll maybe turn out a little lighter than Darla but if you've seen her mum and so on you should have a good idea. I'll watch with interest as THIS is the summer we plan to breed Darla one litter been getting all health checks through and so on. MAY even be with Storm (his haemaphillia results to come back 1st), which will probably upset the purists LOL, a beautifully breed traditional coloured with a blue. My vet has already reserved one - IF we go ahead.

Keep posting the pics - loving them
Well good luck with that, you will get a stunning litter with the beautiful Darla, although I haven't seen her all grown up yet so I'll be doing a recky through your old threads to take another peek, I really adored her as a puppy, but I got so busy with mum falling over last year, I missed loads on here! I'm also lucky in that Zena's Sire hip score is 2/6 elbow 0 and her dam is 2/4, can't complain about that one either! So that's good looks, intelligence, and good health, plus she's a really loving girl, although she does bark at Georgie sometimes when she's trying to get her own way, but he's having none of it!

Originally Posted by SKing87 View Post
awwwwww how very lovely and its such a relief to see the new puppy getting on with your bigger dog.

i just love the gsd colours and the big ears, irresistable!

sounds like shes a clever girl too
Originally Posted by SKing87 View Post
Are the long coat GSDs very bad for shedding? I love the long coat, but I hate hoovering
Thanks SKing She is my 7th longcoat, and quite honestly, I find they don't leave half as much hair lying around the place as a shortcoat, and that is one of the reasons I prefer them! I know they're quite high maintenance in the grooming department, but once you've de-fluffed the old coats out, there really isn't a problem keeping them clean until the next coat, and I love all that grooming, it helps with the bonding I've seen your little star when you first joined too, and I think you got her fromBrighton which is near me? I could be wrong, but I seem to remember you saying?
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Looking good - and Georgie makes me smile - he just can't resist her can he
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2009, 01:31 PM
Lol! No he can't Rachel, no matter how grumpy he seems (especially first thing in the morning) he always has time for Zena, or rather, she soon manages to twist him round those cute little paws of hers
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >