Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 09:55 AM

Someone give me the will to live today!

Nana and raw... All I can say is

She's been talking I her friend who's started to feed raw, and her friends daughter who's been feeding raw for a couple of years..

After this one conversation nana has told me that as per usual im doing it all wrong!

Apparently my dogs need veg every single day, they have to have meat bone and veg every day, and they need the veg otherwise they dont get vitamins.

A chicken wing as a meal is not enough an they are missing nutrients. Not the fact that I tried to explain balancing it over time (for instance mine is balanced through a week) then its fine.

I told her it depends on what type of model you want to feed as to whether you feed veg or not.. Even offered her to read give your dog a bone by Ian billinghurst. To which I just got "oh well of course I forgot you know everything"

Please someone give me the will to live it seems nana is going to embark on the raw journey, and I think the only way I'm going to get round it with no more arguments is by saying I'm not feeding her dog anymore and I will prepare my dogs meals before I go out so all she has to do is put the bowl down and she should do the same.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 09:56 AM
You should write a book about you and your 'nana'
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
You should write a book about you and your 'nana'
What like following the "secret diary of Adrian mole" but instead of trials and tribulations of a 13 year old trials and tribulations of living with a woman who can never be wrong
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 10:30 AM
X-clo, her dogs and the 'all knowing' one!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
X-clo, her dogs and the 'all knowing' one!

I'm not arguing with her, I know there are people who feed veg every day and if she wants to she can. What I don't like is being told I'm wrong and haven't been fed ding my dogs right for the past two years
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Why do you argue? My mum often tells me what I should and shouldn't be doing and I'm coming up 59 . I just nod and agree and do what I want to do anyway. Makes for harmonious living
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 11:37 AM
I'm soooooo glad no one in my family tell me how to feed raw... it would drive me insane I find it hard enough when OH nags me about when to feed Jake
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Why do you argue? My mum often tells me what I should and shouldn't be doing and I'm coming up 59 . I just nod and agree and do what I want to do anyway. Makes for harmonious living
I don't usually. But I am not admitting to her and agreeing with her that im feeding my dogs wrong which he will then try and change how I feed them and take over. Anything else ive learnt quite happily nod and ignore, but I can't with the dogs
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2012, 05:39 PM
Give them a bit of veg everyday, it won't kill them!

I know how frustrating it can be, older family members always think they better. I agree with others, for peace and quiet I would just nod, agree and continue as before. Just say, oh they had broccoli earlier and don't need any more today...