View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-05-2011, 07:23 AM
fridge raiders - roast chicken.... i gave her half of one once and now she is obsessed. She will stick her head in every bag of shopping when i get home from tescos looking for them
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 09:30 AM
daphni's is cheese spread on toast if im having some, i always give her a bit, otherwise after ive finished, she sits there snffing my clothes for ages in the hope that ive dropped a couple of crumbs

asbo's believe it or not is cherry tomatoes we went for a walk up macc forest and me and the OH had a ready made salad box in, his had whole cherry tomatoes in which he doesnt eat so launched them into the grass bushes etc, asbo then went on a search and destroy mission, and found every single one

i dont really watch what they eat, im not strict so if i have a bit of food left they tend to get it, so they eat alot of human food (some probably that they arent meant to have)
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Paris once helped herself to a bush full of gooseberries
She also had to have mince pie with foil case wrestled from her jaws, no stopping the pie but there was no way my dad was going to let her swallow the case, thank goodness for dads eh!

Ours will eat anything given the opportunity ( except dog food which paris is currently not loving ).

Their last stolen item was a coconut macaroon
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by missy01 View Post
fridge raiders - roast chicken.... i gave her half of one once and now she is obsessed. She will stick her head in every bag of shopping when i get home from tescos looking for them
I can identify with this due to an incident with my previous dog, a Cairn terrier called Angus.

My elderly dad (now departed) was staying with me whilst my Mum was in hospital for stomach cancer. When I got home from work my Dad met me at the door looking very worried and said that something awful had hapenned. I thought Mum had died but he said that when he came downstairs Angus had somehow got into the fridge and stole a cooked chicken that was in there! Dad had grabbed it back off him half-eaten. I said to him "did Angus bite you?" and he said "no his mouth was full of chicken!".

Funny thing was Dad had put the mangled remains back in the fridge and said "Do I have to eat that?" to which I replied "No, you can have some of my vegetarian food!"
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-05-2011, 03:12 PM
When Poppy was a puppy, we were eating Pasta with Pesto and she was begging, I gave her some thinking that she would not like it and then stop begging (I know better now!). Thing is, this is now her favourite food apart from meat! She goes mad for it She is a strange little creature. Poppy also likes the dregs of the cat food bowls too of course!

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Funny thing was Dad had put the mangled remains back in the fridge and said "Do I have to eat that?" to which I replied "No, you can have some of my vegetarian food!"
Oh bless... that really made me smile
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2