Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2011, 07:00 PM

Muppet's been attacked :-(

Loaded van up this morning to go to market, just got Muppet out of house to put in van when a huge 'staffy' (not on lead) ran up, into my garden & attacked him (mine was on lead) the 'staffy' dragged muppet out into the street & continued to try to pull his face off. All I could do was scream 'get off, get off' while the chap walking him tryed desperately to get it to let go. (in the end it was a 'ball squeeze' that got it to brake it's hold) so my neighbors told me, I was too shocked to do anything, I was useless. even now over twelve hours later I don't fully know what went on around me, all I know is that a big dog had my dogs face in it's jaws. Vet has cleaned him up & given a few injections & given me some tablets to give him. Police will visit later for a statement. (hopefully)
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Oh, you must be still shaking, I know I would be!

I hope Muppet is ok?
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Oh Shani poor you, I can't imagine how you are feeling, it must have been a terrifying experience.
I hope Muppet is ok.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 07:06 PM
I am so sorry, how totaly scary for you both
Hope he is OK and there is no lasting damage

and you are not useless, noone knows how they will respond in a situation like that, but you got him to the vets and you are there for him now
Getting yourself bit wouldnt have helped anyone

- and I know what you mean tho, when Mia was attacked I couldnt do anything to get the other dog off, it happens so fast
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Oh Shani that is terrible and poor poor Muppet - you must both still be in shock. Thank goodness she survived that but it does leave you very very shaken I know. Big hugs to you both xxx
Azz
Administrator
Male 

07-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Poor Muppet, hope his wounds are not serious and he gets over it soon.

Silly owner why didn't he have his dog on a lead!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 07:31 PM
So sorry, poor Muppet. Hope he is alright and he gets over it soon.

Have a stiff drink to calm your nerves x
Freyja
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Poor Muppet and poor you. I hope Muppet recovers quickly as do you nerves.

A few weeks ago I was walking out of our front gate when someone shouted a staffie was running straight at me and the iggies. I just got them back inside the gate in time and held the gate shut so the dog couldn't get in. Afterwards I was shaking for ages and all I could think was what would have happened if the dog had jumped our gate. Now I always stop and look up and down the road to see if anyone is about when I take them for their last walk before bed time.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 08:07 PM
Aww i hope Muppet is ok. You will probably be shaken for a little while. Hope you are ok as well
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Thank-you.
Yes, I'm still shaking, my lungs feel like they belong to a 90 a day smoker from all the yelling, & i don't smoke.
The vet has left Muppets wounds open to drain, but he might need more treatment if he doesn't heal properly (as can happen with this sort of thing)
While i was holding my dog still (to stop him pulling from the other dog & loosing half his face) I asked the bloke in charge of the other dog to give the owners details to one of my neighbors (there was several neighbors trying to help) so I have the owners name & address & will be trying to get them to re-imberse me the vet fees, though from what I hear from neighborse they are unlikely to cough-up any money.
The owner said it was a staffy but my first thought & a couple of neighbors thought it to be a pitbull, either way it doesn't look good for the other dog. (I know no breed is bad, & agree with 'deed not breed' but ... this dog did the 'deed')
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >