View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2010, 06:49 PM
I had to go into the bank today and couldn't take Lana so left her in the house. I was away for 9 minutes, came back and listened to the recording. She was fine for 5 minutes then gave a little cry and then a minute later another one, but that was all. I was fully expecting to hear her bark but just two little cries and she seemed to settle again. She was of course waiting behind the front door for me. Didn't have the courage to leave her in the livingroom in case she felt she had to destroy the door to get out so I'll leave that for another time.
cardaph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Oh wow!!! 1cutedog that is just the best news ever! I think you are the first of us to really crack the problem! Congratulations all your hard work and persistance has finally paid off. Now we just have to get Jimmi and Bessie up to the same stage! Am really really pleased for you
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 09:11 PM
1cutedog, that small improvement with Lana is actually a huge step isn't it, and it must give you encouragement.

Regarding soundproofing your door a little, what about a heavy curtain on the inside? It won't totally soundproof the door, but it will help to deaden the noises from the stairs.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 09:13 PM
Originally Posted by cardaph View Post
Oh wow!!! 1cutedog that is just the best news ever! I think you are the first of us to really crack the problem! Congratulations all your hard work and persistance has finally paid off. Now we just have to get Jimmi and Bessie up to the same stage! Am really really pleased for you
grump grump grump! Bessie will beat Jimmi hands down, because at the moment we have to watch him constantly in case he chews his wound!
cardaph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Cardaph - this is ridiculous, because I am almost in tears reading about your latest tiny but significant success. What a sentimental idiot I am I am just so so so delighted that Bessie is moving forwards and I know how much it will mean to you. Well done times a million
rate!!!
I am too Bitkin I had a big lump in my throat on reading about Lana starting to really look at her mum. And now she has stayed at home without making a big fuss. Absolutely wonderful
cardaph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2010, 09:19 PM
grump grump grump! Bessie will beat Jimmi hands down, because at the moment we have to watch him constantly in case he chews his wound!
Lol I wouldn't be too sure of that Bitkin at the rate we are going it's going to take months before we can leave her for 9 minutes!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by cardaph View Post
Lol I wouldn't be too sure of that Bitkin at the rate we are going it's going to take months before we can leave her for 9 minutes!
Wouldn't it be easy if we didn't love them? We would just shove them in the cage and toddle off wherever we wanted to go Not a care in the world or a second thought.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Thank you both. It is wonderful but I can only put it down to the difference in her with using the zylkene tablets. I'm not going to leave her too often because I know from previously when I was nipping in and out before it seemed to make her worse.

We'd come in from our walk today and I had a coffee, kept my boots on which I sometimes do anyway, but Lana seemed to know I was going to go out so she wasn't settled at all which worried me a little. I sometimes think she doesn't make a noise because she knows I am going to be listening to her when I come back because the first time I did it and she was barking and howling she lay on the couch looking embarassed haha

I can't recommend zylkene highly enough, it's worked miracles with Lana.

Wouldn't it be easy if we didn't love them? We would just shove them in the cage and toddle off wherever we wanted to go Not a care in the world or a second thought.
Yes it would make it easier and if they didn't shut up in their cages we could use the zintronella collar, shock collar, put a muzzle on them or give them a row, shout at them or hit them when we got home.

I think I've thought of all those things fleetingly When they're doing your head in it's amazing the 'great solutions' that pop into your head but after a split second you realise you could never do it.

Improvements all round with Lana, so much more obedient, is great in the park now, coming back when I call her even if she's spotted another dog and wants to go and play.
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2010, 02:38 PM
Had to nip out again today and couldn't take Lana.

I was away for 18 and 1/2 minutes and she was fine. She did run backwards and forwards once or twice but not sure if she was actually playing with a toy, but no crying or whining or anything. There was me so worried about her I had to stop myself running back along the road because I knew if I did that I would barely be a minute sooner and might not have been able to cope with the stairs

There is hope, so hang in there you two and soon it will be you boasting about Bessie or Jimmi.

I'm thrilled and sooo happy that she wasn't distressed. Maybe because she knows I listen to her she goes into the bedroom and weeps quietly so she won't be embarassed when I'm listening to the tape.
cardaph
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by 1cutedog View Post
Thank you both. It is wonderful but I can only put it down to the difference in her with using the zylkene tablets. I'm not going to leave her too often because I know from previously when I was nipping in and out before it seemed to make her worse.

I can't recommend zylkene highly enough, it's worked miracles with Lana.

I think I've thought of all those things fleetingly When they're doing your head in it's amazing the 'great solutions' that pop into your head but after a split second you realise you could never do it.
I've started Bessie on serene-um today - I had some left from a previous time so thought I'd just try them first. If they don't help at all will buy some zylkene. I wonder why we didn't think of giving them calmatives before - anything that reduces their anxiety can't hurt.

One of the fleeting things I thought of was soundproofing the party walls between us and our neighbours!
If all else fails that may well still be an option although it won't ease the upset of the dog if she is left. Oh dear we just can't win by the easy route can we!
Page 34 of 44 « First < 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 > Last »