Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Because if you are rich, you wouldn't mind!!

How do you suggest we get this proof? Ring her? Ask her if I can come round and see the originals? And get told to f off for about the 10th time?

Or how's about knocking on her door? And get told I'm an f'ing dot dot dot dot?

I don't think so. We have written to her twice, our insurance company have written twice, that's 4 letters to which we have had no reply. Don't you think that a little strange? If it were you, would you not write back and say yup, we would really rather you didn't come into our house, but we will meet you outside and show you the originals?

No, nothing, zilch, zero, not a dickie bird. Sorry, but I am not that stupid.
What's with all the drama? You leave it with your insurance company to deal with and you get on with your life - why are you worried about her lack of contact with your insurer if she wants her vet bills paid she will give them the proof when she is ready! Perhaps the vet treatment is still ongoing and that's why she hasn't done anything yet?

Your DA dog attacked a dog - big surprise. Take steps to ensure it never happens again and stop being a drama queen.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-06-2012, 09:55 PM
thanx darling - I refuse to address those off-post remarks made, but treat them with the contempt they deserve. I am feeling stressed, and as I have said before, I feel so much better for airing my rant! I have received some very good advice from you and others. Do I take it though that you don't like muzzles? I think they are great. Ben has a new type, a Baskerville made of softish silicon rubber/plastic, which is made to fit your dog. It is as kind as a muzzle possibly can be - he can drink, bark, do everything but actually bite.
AH I didnt explain myself very well. No I didnt mean I have peoblems with muzzles - when used right, when needed I know they can be a great help
I just ment that I had missed your posts saying whatever had happened to make you feel you needed to do this as you had always been against it in the past, I assumed that either something had happened or things at least were getting no better - so for that I was sorry. I know life isnt easy with a DA dog

Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
Dashing right over to dogs is quite rude in doggy language so I would say it was your two who were on the wrong footing from the go. Growling is natural dog communication, leaping into a fight because of a growl is not the polite reaction. I can't believe you're trying to shift the blame again, what happened to taking responsibility for the situation?
Exactly, in itself growling isnt aggressive really, most often it is a warning to avoid aggression

Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Ok I'm confused. Was Ben the same dog you were having recall issues with in another thread? If so that means you were letting a DA dog off lead and often out of your sight whilst you were out and about?
Yes, we have mentioned things like that in the other threads

Well that shows how little you know about dogs. Depending of course on the circumstances which have led up to the growl, actually the bl was out of order growling. There was no aggression at all from my 2, all 4 dogs were greeting each other in a friendly way, good body language, all was going well in the very few seconds of this initial meeting, when the bl went and growled. Why shouldn't he, you may well ask. Well, the reason he shouldn't was because he broke the rules - he was under no threat, neither of our 2 dogs were making any aggressive noises or postures. The golden retriever was completely unmolested. Why? Because he had not growled at our 2.

It is quite clear to me Rune, because whatever you may think, one think I am not is stupid ... you dislike me ... to the point when whenever I ask for advice, or have a rant or both, you and your little cronies wade in and have a bash at Gnasher. You must think I came up with the daisies.
Gnasher, you really know how to turn people against you I am deff loosing quite a bit of sympathy
I think I do understand the sentiment with your origonal post
and yes it feels like an attack sometimes how things come accross on a forum, but many posts on here people are just asking for clarification
BUT
where I am totaly loosing sympathy is with you trying to shift any of the blame
I know what you are saying
But at the end of the day a lady walking where she was intitled to with her dogs onlead had two dogs charge up to her dogs and start a fight
IN NO WAY was she or her dogs to blame - she had them under control
and trust me, my Ben - all 10Kg of him - would have growled if your boys came charging full pelt right up to him, me and Mia
Or if they had then had a sniff and he had had enough of them being in his face - when he is prevented by the lead from politly moving out of the way - it is totaly acceptable for a dog to growl a warning to say they have had enough

I can imagine how this thread would have went if it was the other way around

'I was walking my two onlead dogs over a shared right of way when my neighbours dogs came charging up
my dog gave a growl
and one of their dog went for my dog, a big fight followed - thankfully my boy wasnt hurt

and to make things worse this neighbour tells us all the time her dog is DA especially to big black males - yet he was offlead and let to charge up and attack my onlead boy

THEN
A few weeks later this same dog jumped a boundry fence and totaly unprovoked attacked my boy again - this time he needed stitches'

I wonder what we would have been saying if that was the thread - bet not one person would blame the person with the black onlead dog

It was in no way her fault - stop trying to even spready 5% of the blame

yes how she is behaiving now is OTT and verging on criminal
nickynockynoono
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-06-2012, 12:43 AM
I have been educated twice on this thread. Thanks Gnasher for explaining the Tuesday thing

The other one is gloaming. My mother was a Scot. She used to sing "Roaming in the gloaming" to me. I thought it was a place

Sorry, gone OT

Back on topic. There's a training opportunity for you to do an invisible barrier in front of your fence to stop Ben sniffing under it.

Link to follow
nickynockynoono
Dogsey Junior
Female 

Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
By the sound of things, the dogs could have looked to be headed into the house. It may have been ill-judged on her part to carry on walking, but it may have looked safe to her (thinking that your dogs were en-route indoors). We all make errors of judgement.

I know you want to make yourself feel a little better about the incident - it's human nature to do so - and so allot a little blame onto the other party, but, truthfully, it sounds as though she did nothing wrong at all. Her timing may have been out, but I'm sure that we've all suffered that at times.

I honestly think that the comments you've had that you don't like are nothing to do with 'Gnasher-bashing', more that people are putting themselves in the shoes of your neighbour and understanding why she is so incensed.
Except the same old circle of crones - not you of course, but they know who they are. Every time I am foolish enough to ask for advice, or air a problem, it ends up with remarks being made about collars and wolves. It is sad, pathetic and very obvious.

However, the majority far outshine these few pathetic losers and I have actually received some excellent advice, from your good self and others. You are probably right, in my heart of hearts I probably do know that I am being a tad unreasonable blaming her for the drive incident
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by spockky boy View Post
Moral of the story is don't sell off part of your land or have a shared driveway.....???

Can't believe this is already 16 pages and counting!
Absolutely!! But when we bought our house, we bought it with the garden already having planning permission on it for a 4 bed house. It was bought as an investment, which we actually did not cash in on immediately.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
What's with all the drama? You leave it with your insurance company to deal with and you get on with your life - why are you worried about her lack of contact with your insurer if she wants her vet bills paid she will give them the proof when she is ready! Perhaps the vet treatment is still ongoing and that's why she hasn't done anything yet?

Your DA dog attacked a dog - big surprise. Take steps to ensure it never happens again and stop being a drama queen.
The drama is I like to live in peace with my neighbours.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Perhaps, rather than being pathetic losers, those that disagree with you on numerous occasions simply find that your morals in regards to dog ownership leave a lot to be desired rather than some baseless vendetta against you? I am certainly not guilty of following you around bashing your every post but there have been multiply threads that you've posted opinions that I disagree with. No personal grudge, I just feel that your attitude towards your responsibility as Ben's owner is quite lacking.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by nickynockynoono View Post
I have been educated twice on this thread. Thanks Gnasher for explaining the Tuesday thing

The other one is gloaming. My mother was a Scot. She used to sing "Roaming in the gloaming" to me. I thought it was a place

Sorry, gone OT

Back on topic. There's a training opportunity for you to do an invisible barrier in front of your fence to stop Ben sniffing under it.

Link to follow
Good thought. I can't follow up the link though whilst I am at work but I'll have a look tonight. I certainly don't want the dogs to not have access to the whole of the garden, and if I can stop them sniffing under the fence, then it would make the sleeper idea redundant and thus save me money. thanx hun.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by nickynockynoono View Post

Sorry, gone OT

Link to follow

Sorry - I should have said LOL to the gloaming and going OT!! Sorry too that I had to educate you about such a horrible word.
Page 17 of 51 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 > Last »