Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by jade the sbt View Post
lol yea my choice of plural and singular narrative words sometimes get messed up lol. and nope nothing funny about it, just pointing out if you hadn't seen it (because I think you said you hadn't read the whole topic) that it was an old pic and he's now kept on a choker chain in bedroom..
What what and thrice what!!!

He is now kept on a choker chain in the bedroom!! What the HELL are you SAYING!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:35 PM
But to be fair we have only heard what the RSPCA allegedly said third hand (nothing personal OP) and what they ACTUALLY said or advised we cannot be certain of.

It is the same thing when EHO come into one of my sites; the employees think they know why they have come and even what they said, even though they were not present; it is amazing really.

So, whilst I am not by any means an RSPCA fan (far from it) I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt until and unless I hear something from their own lips.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:36 PM
lol yea my choice of plural and singular narrative words sometimes get messed up lol. and nope nothing funny about it, just pointing out if you hadn't seen it (because I think you said you hadn't read the whole topic) that it was an old pic and he's now kept on a choker chain in bedroom..
Btw, my apologies for my cheap remark about the plural, it was cheap, and I am sorry for it
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:37 PM
I took her to the vets and told him that i had taken her. He was lovely and said i had done the right thing but if he reported the her then it would come out that i had stolen her and that i could be charged with theft. He operated and removed the tumor (which i paid for) and i rehomed her in yorkshire so that the she wouldnt be seen by my 'friend'. She also had a 15 year old whippet not that lon ago called kay, she was attacked by the GSD and he almost de-gloved her left back leg. She never took her to the vets and she died. I reported that to the rspca but by the time they actually got round to investigating it the dog was already gone. They told the rspca that they had rehomed her.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:37 PM
well if Gnasher was making a joke then Gnasher has a voice and can say it them self
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Jeez, But that is the point I am NOT just guessing I am SEEING, jeez, ok jeez!

Jeez.............
You pair are too funny 'Jeez'

Proudmummy - Not sure what you can do about these poor animals....
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
What what and thrice what!!!

He is now kept on a choker chain in the bedroom!! What the HELL are you SAYING!!
that's what I'm saying. the dog is kept on a choke chain tied in the bedroom. which i think is the main point of the post.... and lol don't worry about the plural remark, I was annoyed at it myself when I read it back
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by proudmummy View Post
I took her to the vets and told him that i had taken her. He was lovely and said i had done the right thing but if he reported the her then it would come out that i had stolen her and that i could be charged with theft. He operated and removed the tumor (which i paid for) and i rehomed her in yorkshire so that the she wouldnt be seen by my 'friend'. She also had a 15 year old whippet not that lon ago called kay, she was attacked by the GSD and he almost de-gloved her left back leg. She never took her to the vets and she died. I reported that to the rspca but by the time they actually got round to investigating it the dog was already gone. They told the rspca that they had rehomed her.
Which dog did you take to the vets, sorry im confused, not hard.

I really feel for the dog and yourself, maybe perhaps contact a GSD breed specific charity, whilst they can't legally do anything they might be able to advise, I'm sure they've come across such cases before.. you will find such rescues far more interested and so much more less money orientated, far more caring than the RSPCA, they will go out of their way to help the dog, I promise you.

That photo broke my heart.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
But to be fair we have only heard what the RSPCA allegedly said third hand (nothing personal OP) and what they ACTUALLY said or advised we cannot be certain of.

It is the same thing when EHO come into one of my sites; the employees think they know why they have come and even what they said, even though they were not present; it is amazing really.

So, whilst I am not by any means an RSPCA fan (far from it) I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt until and unless I hear something from their own lips.
True, it is just that I have ... or rather, animals in dire straits that I have been aware of ... have suffered at the hands of the RSPCA, and have suffered terribly before eventually my weeks of constant nagging in one or two cases paid off and the poor unfortunate animal was relieved of its suffering. Viz:

1. a donkey whose hooves were literally 2 feet long - he couldn't walk properly of course, but walked virtually on his heels. It took me about 4 weeks of constant phone calls and nagging before they would accept that the poor creature was suffering so much that they must remove the animal or force the owner to get the blacksmith in.

2. A TB mare, Section D cob and dartmoor pony left abandoned in a field - TB mare's rug rubbed her back raw, and eventually it "grew" into her back such that when she was eventually rescued, when the RSPCA tried to remove the rug from her back they removed her skin, causing her of course to go bonkers. The Section D cob was removed from the field by her previous owner who had no idea that the person she had loaned her cob to was neglecting her so. The dartmoor pony, also rugged but her thick coat protected her from sores, was forced to stand for days beside the gate because every time she tried to move the TB mare attacked her. I continuously nagged the RSPCA to do something, but they said they couldn't because the horses had grazing and water.

3. Another TB horse, an ex racehorse, starved to death in a field in a nearby village. By the time the RSPCA deigned to go and see the horse, it was so thin it had to be shot.

These are the 3 worst scenarios that I am aware of.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by proudmummy View Post
This is why it is so important to stay within the law yourself and report things as if you had perhaps this person would not have dogs currently....................

What appears at first to be the morally right thing to do, can, in the long run, lead to more problems.

I think the best you can do is to keep a diary, take photos and build up a portfolio of evidence so that even if they are not breaking criminal law, they are, using the balance of probabilities view, able to be threatened with a civil suit.

Have you spoken to the dog warden?
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Sorry fogot to quote smokeybear, i took the chocolate dobbie that i stole (had to do it i couldnt leave her) to the vets. I might give the whole GSD rescue idea a try
Closed Thread
Page 9 of 24 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »