View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Good idea akitagirl, try the GSD Breed Council, The GSD League of Great Britain and BAGSD; cos if they are arguing the toss about it being a working GSD, there are plenty of people within the GSD world that could verify this or prove otherwise.
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
True, it is just that I have ... or rather, animals in dire straits that I have been aware of ... have suffered at the hands of the RSPCA, and have suffered terribly before eventually my weeks of constant nagging in one or two cases paid off and the poor unfortunate animal was relieved of its suffering. Viz:

1. a donkey whose hooves were literally 2 feet long - he couldn't walk properly of course, but walked virtually on his heels. It took me about 4 weeks of constant phone calls and nagging before they would accept that the poor creature was suffering so much that they must remove the animal or force the owner to get the blacksmith in.

2. A TB mare, Section D cob and dartmoor pony left abandoned in a field - TB mare's rug rubbed her back raw, and eventually it "grew" into her back such that when she was eventually rescued, when the RSPCA tried to remove the rug from her back they removed her skin, causing her of course to go bonkers. The Section D cob was removed from the field by her previous owner who had no idea that the person she had loaned her cob to was neglecting her so. The dartmoor pony, also rugged but her thick coat protected her from sores, was forced to stand for days beside the gate because every time she tried to move the TB mare attacked her. I continuously nagged the RSPCA to do something, but they said they couldn't because the horses had grazing and water.

3. Another TB horse, an ex racehorse, starved to death in a field in a nearby village. By the time the RSPCA deigned to go and see the horse, it was so thin it had to be shot.

These are the 3 worst scenarios that I am aware of.
I do alot of charity work for the cats protection and i had a woman call me in tears when i was covering reception there. She said she had rang the rspca to report a kitten in her garden, it was about 3 weeks old. The rspca told her to leave it and its mum will come get it. Well not before another cat came and broke its neck. I then had the job of going to pick the poor little mite up, he was dead when i got there.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by jade the sbt View Post
that's what I'm saying. the dog is kept on a choke chain tied in the bedroom. which i think is the main point of the post.... and lol don't worry about the plural remark, I was annoyed at it myself when I read it back
Sorry, I was picking up fag ends, I haven't read through all the posts yet!!
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Good idea akitagirl, try the GSD Breed Council, The GSD League of Great Britain and BAGSD; cos if they are arguing the toss about it being a working GSD, there are plenty of people within the GSD world that could verify this or prove otherwise.
do they have websites where i can get there number?
jade the sbt
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Sorry, I was picking up fag ends, I haven't read through all the posts yet!!
tis ok =] last post on first page if I'm not mistaken. =]
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:01 PM
http://www.the-kennel-club.org.uk/se...spx?breed=5106

Take your pick, Vigil are very good.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by proudmummy View Post
do they have websites where i can get there number?

Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Good idea akitagirl, try

The GSD Breed Council http://www.gsdbreedcouncil.co.uk/committee.php

The GSD League of Great Britain
http://www.gsdleague.co.uk/contact%20us.htm

and BAGSD; cos if they are arguing the toss about it being a working GSD, there are plenty of people within the GSD world that could verify this or prove otherwise.
http://www.bagsd.net/ (just has a link dorectly to outlook email)

Thanks Smokeybear.

I also have had dealings with biggsd it might get deleted because it contains a forum - google 'big gsd rescue' and it's the top one.

I'd compose an email and send it to as many as you can google too, sometimes these rescues are busy and an email is often a better way of getting a good answer.
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Thankyou
proudmummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-05-2011, 10:13 PM
I have been trying all evening trying to get in touch with the previous owner of the BC had to go through a years worth of [a social network] walls but i have managed to find her and apparently she sent the BC to my 'friend' for re-training as he was extremely dominant with her dali bitch and she had stopped eating. Turns out that the dali bitch was so happy when the BC left that she asked my 'friend' if she could keep him. I have just replied to her message telling her exactly how he is being kept and that she has unwillingly sentenced the dog to this as she did no properly vet the home of the dog. And where she has got the idea that my 'friend' is a trainer of any kind i do not know.
Ollies mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-05-2011, 11:16 PM
I saw this thread before anyone had replied
and was too upset to put a sentence together-having lost 1 of our dogs only a few months ago the thought of what these animals are suffering just breaks my heart

Cant believe in that short a time you have had so many replies-thank you to everyone who has posted-it shows the great support that Dogsey members can give

Feel so sorry for you-we are only reading this-but you have seen it with your own eyes.
I agree -the RSPCA area waste of space-if there was a camera crew with you and they could be seen going in and rescuing these poor souls then they would be there like a shot

I reported the 2 dogs living in a house at the back of us-they were never walked,1 was chained 24/7 ,on my first call he was literally hanging from the fence as the chain had wrapped itself round.Made so many calls-in the end someone came out-same old load of bull****-they have food ,water and shelter

How the owner can see nothing wrong in the way these dogs are kept is something I fail to understand-its just pure torture for them

Sorry I cant give any better advice than others have given
and just wanted to say that I am thinking of you
Maureen
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 24 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »