Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 08:27 PM

URGENT JRT needs home! Due to be pts

Bob is an adorable 6 year old Jack Russel Terrier. I first met him when I was asked to help train him because of his aggression issues.

I'm not a fan of JRTs but wish I could have him, he really is fantastic but not a character for the feint hearted.

I entered the house and he showed no aggression towards me at all. I spent 5 hours with him and received one tiny growl which stopped before it had started when I put him in his crate and it was my fault.
He is reported to be a known biter - his owner wants rid because he's bitten her several times.

Poor Bob really needs an understanding, calm and quiet owner. His owner's personality clashes a lot with Bob's history of abuse and she scares him without meaning to.

She doesn't seem able to alter her tone of voice and Bob is defending himself.

When I observed Bob, I observed that he has major resource guarding issues but he allowed me to take his favourite toy from him in return for sausage slices and a run outside so he's certainly workable, he just needs gentle and patient training and lots of time.

Bob has been kept outside so can live in or out but is not housetrained. As a result he's currently spending all day in a small kitchen, and furthermore, most of it is spent in a crate because he's destructive. He does jump fences so cannot be allowed in the garden unsupervised.

Bob's problem is he has received a lack of training, he is bored and he has been beaten in the past.

I've really taken to Bob and his life is in danger if I can't find him a home (even a temporary one to give me more time).

If Bob can go to someone local to Sheffield I will continue to help with his training free of charge.

Bob needs a home without children (or dog savvy children who will leave him alone during his training), with a patient and quiet owner, he cannot go to someone who is likely to shout at him, as this is a trigger for the aggression.

His issues need working on but what you get at the end really will be worth it.

Please help this fab little dog - he just wants some rules and some love.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Lottie i truly hope someone can help , give this little chap the bright future and understanding , training and love he so rightfully deserves , im just so sorry i cant xxdk
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 08:52 PM
Sorry I can't help you with this. Best of luck and I hope he finds his home soon
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Awwwwww bless i hope he finds a home soon keep us posted
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 12:21 AM
It's 00:17 and I have just got back from picking Bob up from his (now previous) owner. I still can't take him in but he's gone for a temporary home with a friend (if he and her dog get on they may decide to keep him!).

She's very dog savvy and has a JRT that came to her with a similar history and is now a much better dog. We'll be working closely to train him, and she's happy to keep him until he's more suited to a new home (if she can't keep him permanently).

His owner was sad to see him go, she clearly does love him but just doesn't understand him at all and they were bad for each other.

So, one step closer to a happy ending for Bob! Still need a forever home if said friend decides he's too much stress for her little JRT though.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 07:54 AM
Well done you, hope he finds his forever home soon.
Becky
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 10:09 AM
I've heard back from my friend who's taken him in and he's doing just great. He's unhousetrained but that's the only issue so far.

He's getting on well with her JRT and was good on his walk this morning -barked when she first went to set off but her JRT growled at him and he shut up

If all goes well with her - I don't think he'll be looking for a new forever home
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Fingers crossed it continues to go well, great news!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 08:00 PM
Great news so far Lottie , I hope it all works out for Bob ,Fingers crossed xxdk
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Excellent news, well done Lottie for giving the little fella a chance of a good life!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >