Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-11-2007, 11:15 PM

Our wee girl walking the dogs

Adorabull
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Great pics...I love the one with the shoe!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 11:22 PM
looks like she was off on a mission with the dogs

thanks for posting fab pics
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 11:23 PM
Lovely pics, what well behaved dogs you have walking so nicely with her.

Unlike mine who would probabley be dragging her up the road
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-11-2007, 11:30 PM
The Mali is a bit of a nightmare for the first min or 2, yelping and over excitement but once she's moving no probs. The Staffy is the opposite calm and easy to walk but with the odd correction needed but given that a few wks ago she was snapping the links on her head collar pulling, Im Vpleased

Our daughter has just turned 5 this month and has started taking an interest in the training and walking, today is the 1st time she has walked them on her own together, she had walked the Mali a few times once she was calm.

Glad you like the pics, Im pic mad so be prepared for loads in the future
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

23-11-2007, 01:12 AM
Lovely pics of your wee lass with the dogs - I too love the one with the half eaten trainer! Reminds me of my trainers that Loki (my dog) ate!!

Good photos and look forward to seeing more pics!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Sorry , maybe it is just me, but all I can see in the picture is danger , you say your daughter is just 5, and you are allowing her two walk to strong dogs along what looks like a very busy road on a narrow path way at dusk

I can see a car in the distance, (don't know whether it is parked or not) but I would guess any car coming towards you would be traveling at speed.

I take it you would have taken control of the leads at the first sight of an oncoming car!
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-11-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Sorry , maybe it is just me, but all I can see in the picture is danger , you say your daughter is just 5, and you are allowing her to walk to strong dogs along what looks like a very busy road on a narrow path way at dusk

I can see a car in the distance, (don't know whether it is parked or not) but I would guess any car coming towards you would be traveling at speed.

I take it you would have taken control of the leads at the first sight of an oncoming car!
That was my first thought, especially as she is so young. It is great that she shows so much interest in walking/training the dogs though and they do look well behaved.

Perhaps restrict her control of the dogs to areas away from the road, and maybe get some hi-viz tabards to wear whilst near roads - just a thought!

Loved the pic with the 'shoe', not much left of it!! I have had shoes like that but not intentionally!
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-11-2007, 01:03 PM
Tbf the pics portray a slightly innacurate scene, ITs not actually dusk. Just the way the pics came out there was easy another 30% light, so at a push as dark as a normal day but cloudy.

The car is parked and is our own, and yes that is a main road !!

But its ok, the traffic flow was 0
My location is VERY rural and traffic is never an issue. Also I have to say the dogs are 100% with anyone on the lead, with no pulling or chase behaviour.

That said its good that ppl can look at something and see the possible dangers. Hopefully It clears up any aparent risk the pics show.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2007, 10:51 AM
great pics!!

justa thought though - we had a collie once - smallist lad - i was probably your daughters age - my mum gave me his lead for 10 seconds - withint that time - he pulled me over flat on my face (just for the he11 of it) and i scraped all my nose -

not trying to scare you but it's alrite ona field walking them on her own but even if the roads empty she could still hurt herself on the pavement

not having a go - just sayin what happened to me -