Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 03:40 PM

Lacey - Pointer

Hello there, my name is Lacey and I live with mummy and her setters and another pointer.
I've only lived with mummy since Easter this year, my first home was lovely but my mum broke her hip and dad couldn't cope with the exercising regime. They were getting on a bit so decided to find a home for me and one of my pups. My new mummy got a phone call and was invited to meet me, I remember the day really well, she came with uncle and brought Tawny and Ebony with her. She wanted mum to see Tawny and also to make sure that I was a nice girl to her youngsters. Of course, she needn't have worried as I'm a very amiable sort, you have to be when you've got pups climbing all over you, don't you Bradley?!!
Mummy said that she really liked me but wanted time to think, as she has so many dogs she didn't want to rush into anything that she would regret. Uncle was saying, lets take her now but mummy was very firm with him, she always is, he doesn't get away with anything, ha ha. Next day mummy phoned and said that they would like to buy me and could they pick me up on Good Friday so thats what they did.
When we got home mummy had arranged for Tawny and Ebony to have their beds with me in the front room as I had already met them and so I wouldn't feel lonely. I don't think there was any chance of that, I couldn't believe my eyes, (or ears), there was all these Setters bouncing around, all welcoming me, shoving toys in my face and trying to get me down the paddock for a run. Now I don't do running, since I had the pups I've got an ample waistline and mummy does insist on calling me Lazey rather than Lacey, very funny - NOT. We weren't all put on this earth to be sylph like, it's alright for tawny, she's only young and not had babies, I had two litters and it takes its toll on a girls figure. Thankfully, mummy said I haven't got to have any more pups, she said two litters is plenty for a four year old to have had. I think Bailey had other ideas though when I just had my season, he had a real twinkle in his eyes, I can tell you .
Uncle was going to show me but they have decided that I'm just too chubby, and I don't like running around the ring. Uncle was a bit disappointed as he'd never done showing before but mummy said that if he spent as much time concentrating on getting me fit as he does debating things with her, I might find running a bit easier and more enjoyable. I hope he doesn't make me do jogging and long walks, I'm far happier just plodding along at my own speed although I do make a fast move when mummy puts the breakfast and dinner down, well fast for me anyway.
perrypooh
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-11-2006, 03:46 PM
I do love reading about your dogs they are beautiful!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Thanks perrypooh, thats really appreciated. We love yours too and look forward to some more photos.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-11-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi Lacey, lovely to meet you ... I love Pointers btw, so if you ever get fed up and need a break, you are always welcome here
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 09:29 PM
Hi Lacey - you sound absolutely lovely - I know what you mean about the waistline after having young ones certainly does take its toll doesn't it I have crazy setters too but also love pointers (maybe one day) - your mummy seems so wonderful. Love Auntie Rachel xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Thanks Azz, if mummy makes me puppy sit again I might just take you up on it. Lacey x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks Auntie Rachel, yes we all love mummy but she knows she's very, very lucky to have all her lovely babies. Love Lacey x
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-11-2006, 10:48 PM
lacey you sound adorable
look forward to more piccies and stories from you !!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 12:19 AM
Thanks Brundog, I look froward to writing about our adventures. Lacey x