View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:34 AM
A lot of the overseas dogs get used to having things like cooling fans etc, as many overseas shows supply electricity for exhibitors use. this may have effected the malamute? it had a profuse coat had been hanging around since friday, at times the sun was beating down through the partly glazed roof, it effected me on the friday so I am sure it effected the dog, this may be why the dog looked fed up and a little irritable, not to mention the handler had the dogs collar right at the dogs ear and was catching it as they ran. I think by Sunday evening the mal had had enough, he was a stunning dog in real life close up and personal (they were benched right next to me) its a shame he just didnt show they way he did on the day he got group.

on a personal note I loved the TT and glad in a way that the mal didnt win, rescue would have been over run in no time.

Mo
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I wanted the Beardie with Bloodhound as reserve. Oh well :-s

Oh and I didn't have a problem with the Bloodhound owner's attire It's a dog show - not a fashion show LOL

It may not be a fashion show but IMO it is totally disrespectful not to be at least neat and tidy for the judge.Different breeds have different 'dress codes'...most hound breed handlers are more casual than say the toy breed handlers but there is a way of being casual without looking like you've just done a days work at the kennels.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover View Post
you get the ones that over dress and the ones who are more comfy after all its the dog that is on show not the owner id wear what i was comfy in
Absolutely....
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
A lot of the overseas dogs get used to having things like cooling fans etc, as many overseas shows supply electricity for exhibitors use. this may have effected the malamute? it had a profuse coat had been hanging around since friday, at times the sun was beating down through the partly glazed roof, it effected me on the friday so I am sure it effected the dog, this may be why the dog looked fed up and a little irritable, not to mention the handler had the dogs collar right at the dogs ear and was catching it as they ran. I think by Sunday evening the mal had had enough, he was a stunning dog in real life close up and personal (they were benched right next to me) its a shame he just didnt show they way he did on the day he got group.

on a personal note I loved the TT and glad in a way that the mal didnt win, rescue would have been over run in no time.

Mo

I understand what you're saying about the mal...however many dogs have been in the same situation over the years and have coped.Its not as if it was that warm ..but for whatever reason he just didn't perform on sunday.Its not like he was the only one...thought generally the dogs performances were less impressive than previous years .When I saw him win the group I thought he was stunning and thought he would win BIS until he did his individual ...c'est la vie.
We were in the same boat last year.The elkhound won the group and we were wishing Kris and Brian all the best for the BIS ring...but dreading the aftermath if he won.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
I can't bear this stringing up of show dogs. It seems to be the American influence, even the Beardie was strung up. Often they use cheesewire chokers too. It's not surprising some of the dogs look uncomfortable.

Mo
Yep, Crufts BIS is probably the worst thing that could happen to any breed.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
It may not be a fashion show but IMO it is totally disrespectful not to be at least neat and tidy for the judge.Different breeds have different 'dress codes'...most hound breed handlers are more casual than say the toy breed handlers but there is a way of being casual without looking like you've just done a days work at the kennels.
I don't think the Bloodhound handler looked *that* scruffy! She just wasn't done up to the nines! I thought she looked perfectly presentable

Each to their own, I guess
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I can't bear this stringing up of show dogs. It seems to be the American influence, even the Beardie was strung up. Often they use cheesewire chokers too. It's not surprising some of the dogs look uncomfortable.
I wholeheartedly agree. What IS the point in that?
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Sorry but I don't agree... I think it's rather snobby infact... it's the dogs that are on show... and I've never seen any breed standard that even mentions the handlers attire.. so I'm not sure where you get your "dress code" idea from. The dog (infact all of the dogs) looked fantastic.... and thats ALL that matters IMO
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Its the dogs on show not the owners imo, if the owners feel the need to dress up thats fine, but people should not be critercised for choosing to wear somthing they feel right it. I know if i showed my dogs i would turn up in my trackie bottoms and a football shirt as i feel right in them and its the dogs that count.
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Yes you're right HOWEVER these dogs are used to the big ring and the noise and bustle of a big show.A good show dog puts on a performance....and some of these didn't.The mal and the beardie especially both of whom had had rest days.The best performances came from the 2 group winners from sunday who had had a long day.
No not at all. The dogs in for groups and BIS may be winning their very first BOB as they could at any Champ show. It's a regular occurrence in the groups.
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >