View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jayneybabe15
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2014, 03:44 PM

My dog has chronic bronchitis..any info?

I havent posted on this site for a while,my 9 year old labrador daisy has being diagnosed with chronic bronchitis after having all the x rays and tests done and she has been put on steroids which have now being halved but she is always sooo hungry because of this as if a labrador isnt hungry enough as it is!! does anyone know of any low fat treats i can give her because i feel so sorry for her when she looks up at me with those puppy dog eyes and will she be on steroids forever..worried bout long term side affects?any advice i would be grateful
SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Mine all eat fruit and veg so for treats they can enjoy bits of carrot, green beans, cucumber, apple, pears, etc. mostly water so doesn't put on weight but they think they've had something!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2014, 04:43 PM
Sorry can't offer any advice Just wanted to send (( hugs)) to Daisy,hope she's feeling better soon xx
Jakesmummy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Boil white fish and broccoli with some brown rice will fill her tummy up nicely. U can use white rice to.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2014, 06:35 PM
Poor Daisy, such a shame, she doesn't understand
Pepsi loves carrots and swede, apples etc so you could try something like that.
I hope she isn't on steroids for ever hugs to you both.
halfpenny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-11-2014, 07:53 AM
I have one with bronchitis, but she has been put into corvental. It's expensive but she's doing well and coughing much less with it, no problem with increased eating or drinking either.
mandyB
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2014, 03:36 PM
My 5yr old Lab also has chronic bronchitis caused by lung damage from a very bad bout of kennel cough he had as a youngster. He was diagnosed a couple of years ago after having x-rays and a lung biopsy. Initially he was put on steroids which worked fine but he lost so much weight, his coat looked awful and he started having occasional accidents because of the excessive drinking.
He now uses an inhaler (Flixotide) puffed into an Aerodawg chamber which works brilliantly, took a while to get him used to it though and it works out more expensive than the steroids, but is so worth it! He's regained all his lost muscle, has a lovely shiny coat, is back to his old fitness levels and very rarely coughs.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2014, 04:52 PM
As a Labrador owner, I wish you all well, I just hope I never have to suffer it with Amber although I have a bad chest myself.
manydogz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-11-2014, 10:46 PM
My dogs all think low sodium canned green beans are the best treat ever. If I mix them in low fat cottage cheese they go right to heaven 'cause it tastes so good. I mix up enough for a few days and give a fork full at a time.
rough
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-11-2014, 08:31 AM
the aerodawg chamber is a brilliant piece of kit
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >