Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sharkbait556
New Member!
Female 

12-04-2010, 09:28 PM

Allergies, allergies, allergies!!!!

Hi everyone

I took my bulldog to the vet as he had a funky ear infection going on and some crusty leisions on his back. We changed his food and after steroids, antibiotics, ear washes, shampoos etc his ear and skin cleared up.

Now he has a weeping eye and a snotty nose, this only started around 1-2 weeks ago and is worse in a morning. Some mornings his eye is half shut but it is better by lunch time. It is not red or gunky (he has had some cloramphenacol in case of infection) and it is still the same.

So i am thinking allergies, any thoughts

Many thanks
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 02:05 AM
I would be taking him back to the vet and see what they come up with, it is too hard to know what it might be and I would be googling to see if any conditons matches, his symptoms. But defo see a vet
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 06:35 AM
Hi,
I would ask for some allergy tests to be done, which should give you some idea what you are dealing with.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 12:18 PM
I'd definitely take him back to the vet if he were mine.

Allergy season is upon us. I was up most of last night

Our youngest girl is itchy at the minute s- looks like allergies are going to be bad this year, so yes it could very well be allergies - your best course of action is the vet. The eye closing should not be happening.