Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-05-2011, 04:29 PM

Pet Plan V Kennel Club Healthcare Plan

Am about to get a new pup soon and have been doing a bit of on-line quotes for her insurance...

Pet Plan (10,000 vet fees) £39 a month (100 excess)

KC Plan (12,000 vet fees) £23 a month (65 excess plus 10%)

Im undecided who to go with as Pet plan sting you for OAP woofs eg 20% excess and KC really hike up their premiums at 8yrs old but offer better vet fees etc...both pay up really quickly...

can see pro's and cons for both but am nervous of all the monthly premium hikes etc

any advice from anyone??
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2011, 06:10 PM
I am with the kennel club. Not had a claim ......yet!!! no particular reason I chose them other than breeder recommended

Good luck with the new pup x
Puddin65
New Member!
Female 

13-05-2011, 08:34 PM
We've been with pet plan since our JRT's were ten weeks old, they had the free puppy plan for six weeks then we have the full cover. We've had major problems with one dog losing both eyes, but not before Pet Plan paid for him to be the 5Oth dog in the country to have laser treatment... it didn't work but they paid out.... we have never had a problem claiming and it is so simple with them, our vets do it all electronically.... I'd say go with Pet Plan....
sara g
New Member!
Female 

07-07-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi
Im with kennel club too for my mini schnauzer, they were recommended to me by my breeder, so just stuck with them. Havent had to claim yet though.
NCA1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Very interested in seeing opinions on this as i'm swaying toward petplan as i hear great things about it (except the price, but i suppose you get what you pay for?) yet KC looks half decent too...
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-07-2011, 03:58 PM
After much thought I opted for Petplan and have to say am very happy with my choice!!

I pay about £82 a month for my boxer with the K.Club and he is only 4 years old But very poorly...much has to do with postcode, breed etc but I am dreading next years and following years premium hikes...

At least Petplan seem to only put a few pounds on a month increase...will have to wait and see...