View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-09-2008, 08:06 AM

Photos of a hand stripped Border Terrier please!

Hi,

I looked after my friend's Border Terrier at the weekend, and while he was with us, I decided to have a go at tidying him up. I stripped his jacket, head and ears, and he looked so much better, but I wasn't sure what to do with his neck/chest.

Anyone got any photos of a well stripped Border Terrier so I can see what to do to finish the little guy off?

He was so much less complicated to strip than my Airedale!
scruffydog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-09-2008, 10:03 PM
i think ive got some, somewhere, il have a look tomorow and then try and scan it on my new scanner that my dad gave me.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Before:

After:

before:

During:

After:

I use blunt knife and finger and thumb.
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Excellent, thanks Dawn. That's something like the transformation Ozzy underwent. I can now finish him off.

I just used finger and a bit of chalk, but think I might need my Macknyfe for the chest.

Will post some pics once he's done.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Wow they look fab in those pictures!

One thing i have always wondered about stripping a dog, does it hurt? Is it uncomfortable, like leg waxing or plucking your eye brows?
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-09-2008, 08:15 AM
If the hair is ready for stripping it doesn't hurt them at all I don't think. If it's not quite ready it may tug a bit I suppose.

My Airedale will snooze while I'm doing her back etc which would indicate she's pretty relaxed about it!

Around the ears, neck and face you have to be a bit more careful, especially if you use the stripping knives, so that you don't scrape them with the teeth of the knife.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by AiredaleKate View Post
If the hair is ready for stripping it doesn't hurt them at all I don't think. If it's not quite ready it may tug a bit I suppose.

My Airedale will snooze while I'm doing her back etc which would indicate she's pretty relaxed about it!

Around the ears, neck and face you have to be a bit more careful, especially if you use the stripping knives, so that you don't scrape them with the teeth of the knife.
That's interesting. I suppose it's just something they get used to. They certainly looked better once they have been stripped.
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Well here he is post stripping. He wasn't keen on me doing his under carriage - no nastiness just extreme wriggling and trying to get of the table - and I didn't want to stress him out too much, so left it for now. Hopefully next time I can tidy him up under there.

What do you think BorderDawn? Wish I had some before pics now to compare!

Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2008, 02:33 PM
A grand job!!

Trim round his willy with scissors, I never pull the coat there.
AiredaleKate
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks Dawn

And thanks for the scissor tip, didn't think of that, as when stripping my girlie I obviously don't have anything under there to work around, and being a show dog I have never put scissors near her coat!

I think his owner was a bit shocked that what she thought was all hair actually hid some podge, methinks he'll be on a little diet now, bless him. Sorry Oz
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >