thats confusing Nae ...LOL
pawprints
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-09-2005, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Staffy
Lucy does this help you?

Rules of Cricket
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!
Nah! Still don`t get it!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 11:33 PM
Never watched cricket before (booooooooooring) but OH loves it and having had the rules explained I can only say wow! What a game. I still don't understand it fully but I will watch it a bit now.

Only thing is I don't understand why you would pay for a ticket just to sit in a stand and cheer when rain stops play and there is nothing to watch.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2005, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by pawprints
Nah! Still don`t get it!
Ah well you see you need to understand all the idiosyncrasies of bowling and umpiring.
Like getting out a light meter and stopping play :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2005, 08:19 AM
and of course that we use so many overs that we didn't leave enough for them to bat LOL
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3