Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dimples
New Member!

21-01-2005, 08:32 AM

Advertisers reaction to puppy farming

Hello All,

On the Saynotopuppyfarms.org.uk site discussion forum, one of the posters yesterday discovered that a puppy farmer, possibly the one we have been discussing on the forum, was advertising 13 different breeds for sale on the findit.co.uk website. This site allows pictures of the animals to be shown. Several people have complained to the site, and the response has been so far that Findit will take no action unless they receive a complaint from the RSPCA. Please can posters visit these sites and if they are as shocked as posters on the Sayno site, please can they make their feelings known to Findit.

Dimples
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-01-2005, 08:41 AM
I for one am off to complain once Iv had a look.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

21-01-2005, 11:42 AM
if they are licensed to breed then there will be little you can do as they are not breaking any laws - so long as the dogs are being kept in the proper conditions etc.

If they are unlicensed well, that is a different matter, there are things you can do, checking the place out and getting more info is the best place to start. Many people jump the gun and think "puppy farm" when it is often a licensed commercial breeding premises, which is not illegal, providing they stick within the boundaries of their license.
dimples
New Member!

21-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Licensing means very little. Expert puppy farmers can fool practically anyone. If you read the thread on the Say No site there are several examples of people who were impressed by the sellers property, but it was only subsequently when their animals became sick that reality began to dawn.

The adverts on the Findit site have been posted by someone who claims to be a private seller. There are currently now 11 different breeds for sale, and they are photographed inside a house obviously to convince buyers of how kind the seller is. However, look closely and some of the puppies look decidedly unhappy.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

21-01-2005, 02:17 PM
I will need to take a look at the site before I can comment, am unsure what you mean by the puppies look "unhappy" so can you give me a link to the site so I can have a look (or if not allowed to link, a clue as to where to look?)
CBT
Dogsey Senior

21-01-2005, 02:22 PM
just had a quick look at the findit site, spotted several breeders with multiple breeds but cant see any pictures of "unhappy" puppies, please can you be more specific?
dimples
New Member!

21-01-2005, 03:50 PM
If you go to the discussion forum of the Saynotopuppyfarms.org.uk discussion forum, on page 19 of the thread there is a link.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

21-01-2005, 04:35 PM
ok will do
CBT
Dogsey Senior

21-01-2005, 05:13 PM
couldnt find it can you send me a direct link please?
CBT
Dogsey Senior

22-01-2005, 12:12 PM
You have PM

I would like to know why you have brought my name into the discussion on your forum?
I dont think thats very nice at all, and I would like an apology please, you cant just go round dragging other peoples names into debates that have nothing whatsoever to do with them!!!!!!
Please explain why you have done this?
All I did was ask for a link to the pictures of the puppies you mentioned (which you did not provide for me I had to find it myself ) and now you are trying to bring my name into the debate?????????
I am not happy about this !
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >