Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:15 PM

New addiction to books...

I was never a "reader", but over the last year or so I have gotten REALLY into reading.... and with that comes buying books!

I got a Kindle for Xmas, but that only seems to have made things worse haha, as I love my kindle, but also love proper books...

I don't buy any expensive books (£3-4 is pushing it ), but I seem to be buying loads recently and I love it!

Anyone else got a book/reading addiction?

Oh random question..... is there an easy way to keep up with book series? For example I know a few of the books I have read will have second/third books coming out in the series later in the year/next year....... do I literally just have to remember to search for them when/if they may be out? Lol.
parsonsmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:22 PM
I used to be an avid reader.......until my kids came along. I never seemed to have time for books , it was all I could do to flick through the daily newspaper.
I rediscovered books this year and now I can't resist buying them. I buy some in charity shops and second hand from Amazon, but if there's one that I just MUST have I'll buy it new.
I don't like borrowing books, or lending them for that matter, and I keep them all.
I'm currently reading my 18th book this year and have 37 on the bookshelf waiting to be read.......then there's the 20 or so on my Amazon wish list!!
I think Amazon will keep you up to date with book series?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:23 PM
I love my kindle and it has rekindled (sorry) my interest in reading because it is so convenient to have.

My book addiction has become just that, at the last count, I now own 185 books solely on dogs (33 of the on Kindle). So easy to find specific passages if I want to reference anything.

I only have two novels on my kindle.

Kindle books are usually much cheaper than the real thing and of course very environmentally friendly as no trees are cut down, no fuel used to transport etc.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Kindle have been offering a selection of free books everyday, I have downloaded quite a few in the last few days, they will always keep for the future!! They are on the other site.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Same, I like keeping them all too, unless I know I really won't ever read it again lol.

I am on amazon at the moment looking at the cheap new books, hence starting this thread

A lot of mine are unread so far too, partly due to swapping between books in real, and the books on my kindle

Oh I didn't know Amazon would do that, will see what I can find

ETA: I clearly type too slow as I got the second 2 replies as I was typing
I think being able to "buy" so many cheap and free books on the kindle is what has made the addiction worse! Haha, but I do like buying actual books too!
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:31 PM
I get books from boot sales unless I really want a specific one---like J K Rowlings latest. I have seen all 50 shades three times now at car boots. I never pay more than 50p.

rune
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:32 PM
I didn't see the site from amazon (although that is where they ultimately come from) I liked a certain page on another site and I now receive the offers by email.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Oh I see!
I just check out the top 100 free books on amazon and get them that way!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:41 PM
As for books we must have well over 1,500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2012, 05:41 PM
I am an avid reader, even more so since getting my Kindle last year. I've got about 200 books on it.

I tend to read trashy novels - real escapism but have found that I am trying different genre's as it is so easy to get them.

I do buy the odd book but only pay a couple of quid, but most of them are free. I've found that I will read the first one in a series, which is free, enjoy it so much and then buy the others.

Helen
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >