Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
I had to work quite hard to get into Matt Smith as the Doctor but am really enjoying him now. Thought last night was really good
I was the same, really didn't want anyone to replace my David (and he is mine, so hands off everyone ). But he's really grown on me. David Tennant is still my fave ever, although hubby prefers Tom Baker lol. The walking encyclopedia of all things Dr Who that is my youngest daughter doesn't have a preference, she loves whoever is the Dr of the moment
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2012, 08:43 PM
I think I might be in the minority, but of the new Dr's I liked Chris Eccelston the best, I thought there was a bit of an edge to him.
tazer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Took me a while to warm up to this doctor, think I'm about there now.

Enjoyed this episode and looking forward to next weeks.

Off to do some series spoiler searching now.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by celli View Post
I think I might be in the minority, but of the new Dr's I liked Chris Eccelston the best, I thought there was a bit of an edge to him.
Watched all his episodes a few weeks back on virgin media catch up...." you my mummy" was best ....
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Problem I have is the 35 minutes of running around shouting coupled with the 5 minutes of pointless self indulgence. The christmas special was unwatchable. If Merlin can fit a coherent story, with snappy dialogue into 45 minutes, then the doctor Who writers ought to be able to - it's a similar challenge. Lose the self importance would be a good start.

All I can say is this one's the best there's been for a while.

But Where's The Story?

alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 04:11 PM
The story continues all through the series. You have to watch them all to get all the fine details which all make sense at the end of the series It's one of the major things I love about it all lol. Each episode is a minor snaphot/story of something happening in the Doctors life and travels which links up.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 04:16 PM
Name one major story that wasn't - "Oh no the universe (Earth) is going to end - Here comes the Saviour"

I never want to see/ hear about another Dalek. Someone grow an imagination!

You could argue Merlin is One Story - Doesn't stop them telling complete interesting varied stories with actual characters on the way.

JMO
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Not to mention relying on the "God" Button to solve everything way too often. For the money they're spending they ought to be doing better.

(Whinge)
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-09-2012, 05:41 PM
lol, well each to their own

I loved the first series of Merlin, utterly detested the second and then completely gave up on the third!
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Name one major story that wasn't - "Oh no the universe (Earth) is going to end - Here comes the Saviour"

I never want to see/ hear about another Dalek. Someone grow an imagination!

You could argue Merlin is One Story - Doesn't stop them telling complete interesting varied stories with actual characters on the way.

JMO
The dalek's and Dr who go hand in hand ...
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >