Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:40 PM
i actually laughed when i saw your name and quote, im starstruck

hmmm i dont know what to think, there are certain dogs that need testing. i dont like cheats and when its major then i think these people need to be found out.

i dont know about hairspray ive used that chris wottsit spray on daph, only to keep the hair out of her eyes, so i dont see how thats altering the coat.

ive used powder once, and that was at crufts and daphni walked through a big pool of oil on the way in, being white even wipes wouldnt get it clean, so i shoved a bit of powder on it, wasnt going in the ring with a dirty dog!

i think people that delibrately alter coat colour should be caught, or people who put colour on dog's noses etc to make it black should be caught out.

how am i going to know the shampoos i use have coat altering stuff in though? id have no idea where to start with that one, so if anyone could help me out there id be greatful!

also where are they going to take hair from a hairless? the only hair they have are hair that you can see? and seeing as they dont have a fat lot, it would be noticeable if a clump went missing, and would take a while to grow back?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Chloe every show we do we alter the coat of the CCs..we remove body hair, we remove face hair - creaming bodies is also now against rules. Did you not see the KC officers walking around crufts searching grooming bags, taking shavers and creams off handlers?

The hairless dont have hair taken they have they're skin tested.

Starstuck ahaha!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Chloe every show we do we alter the coat of the CCs..we remove body hair, we remove face hair - creaming bodies is also now against rules. Did you not see the KC officers walking around crufts searching grooming bags, taking shavers and creams off handlers?

The hairless dont have hair taken they have they're skin tested.
yeah i know but arent they on about grooming products not clippers? as i only use clippers on asbo i cant see the problem, but if the products can be found in the shampoos (as obviously he gets covered in that when i bath him) then i will get accused of cheating?

yeah i saw them at crufts, Cat had a go at them when they told her not to use E45 cream on her dog, which is a moisturiser. i suppose people will argue that that alters the coat, as it makes them smoother... god knows. ive not used moisturiser on asbo before... ergh showings getting to complicated.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:50 PM
IMHO (and it is just that) then the dogs should be presented with no chemicals in the coats or skins (bar flea treatments, and any medical bits) Clipping etc, isnt an issue imo because its just that, clipping, I am not putting anything in the coat, nor am I changing the appearance

Its a bit like (in Roughies) using weights to train the tips of a pricked ear.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
yeah i know but arent they on about grooming products not clippers? as i only use clippers on asbo i cant see the problem, but if the products can be found in the shampoos (as obviously he gets covered in that when i bath him) then i will get accused of cheating?

yeah i saw them at crufts, Cat had a go at them when they told her not to use E45 cream on her dog, which is a moisturiser. i suppose people will argue that that alters the coat, as it makes them smoother... god knows. ive not used moisturiser on asbo before... ergh showings getting to complicated.
Clipping is not allowed either - ' its altering the coat ' on the 'hairless'. No creams are allowed to be used, just sun cream..again KC words.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Clipping is not allowed either - ' its altering the coat ' on the 'hairless'. No creams are allowed to be used, just sun cream..again KC words.
so are they stopping clipping of all breeds or just CCs? if its just CCs then they can get stuffed! also unless they see you use clippers? so does that just mean no clipping at shows? or ever....? god im confused (doesnt take alot )
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:55 PM
No thats not correct at all. It states altering the colour or texture NOT length of the coat.

I appreciate that people put human shampoo and stuff on dogs, heck pet people do that just as much, but we are talking about substances which alter colour and texture. Im really surprised you have issue with it to be honest.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
so are they stopping clipping of all breeds or just CCs? if its just CCs then they can get stuffed! also unless they see you use clippers? so does that just mean no clipping at shows? or ever....? god im confused (doesnt take alot )
not really sure, it all came out in the AGM - committee members have been meeting with the KC to talk about the next step, still un decided whats going on though, changing standard, or allowing clipping ect..

Clippings the hairless has never been allowed around the ring I believe?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
No thats not correct at all. It states altering the colour or texture NOT length of the coat.
Yes it is correct Dawn - I wouldnt say it for the sake of it.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post

I appreciate that people put human shampoo and stuff on dogs, heck pet people do that just as much, but we are talking about substances which alter colour and texture. Im really surprised you have issue with it to be honest.
so i can still clip asbo? and also do you reckon plush puppy shampoos and conditioners and other products are ok? as thats what i use most of the time
Page 4 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »