Our sister sites
Our sister sites
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
As far as the "viewing public " go, that's debatable

Maybe the KC should bring a ban in on Lycra and sequins might do their (competitors) image a lot of good
I agree with that wholeheartedly (presumably you are talking about the humans involved)----I am not one of those people who thinks that there is nothing wrong with their chosen dog based activity! I think some outfits are totally off the wall and OTT!

This is OT so apologies DD.

rune
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
But Dawn, If a dog wins with a pretty collar - people are not going to be breeding dogs better able to wear a pretty collar
Also the dogs are not judged in any way for the collar, it does not enhance their performance or give them any type of an edge it is just something some people do to match up with their outfit and to look nice for the vewing public

But as has already been stated, flashy coats winning shows mean people breed for more and more flashy coats
Well spotted

rune
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by bijou View Post
putting talc, hairspray or conditioner on a dogs coat has no effect on what it can produce genetically - that has to be bred for -
But it will affect what wins and as a consequence this will affect what is then bred......
Page 17 of 17 « First < 7 14 15 16 17