View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 11:55 AM

And the winner of biggest dog walking moron goes to.......

............the stupid lurcher lady I met earlier!!!

We met on a walk and our dogs played nicely for a little while. Then a lab with a ball came up and dropped it by my feet. I grabbed it quickly and passed it to the owners saying ''hang on to this while I walk past, as my dog is very ball obsessed and I'll never get it off him''. The lurcher lady heard all of this and started to tell me about another dog she knew that was like that. We chatted about it for abit then I said my goodbyes and walked off.

On the way back I met the lurcher lady again. She was just about to throw her dog's ball so I shouted out ''oops, hang on and I'll just get him on lead in case''. She said it's OK she'll keep hold of it. Woody went up to sniff the ball. She teased him with it for abit and then THREW IT FOR HIM!!!!

I was furious! It took 23 minutes of me trying every tactic in the sun, with her laughing at me and telling me I had a problem dog etc etc. I could have thumped her!

In the end I had to get her address, walk off back to the car, get it off him in the car (the only way to do it successfully) and then drive to her house to drop the ball off because ''my dog loves that ball, it's his favourite so I will need it back I'm afraid.''

Stupid, idiot, twatty woman!!!!

Next time I see her, she's mine!!!!! Grrrrrr!!
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
............the stupid lurcher lady I met earlier!!!

We met on a walk and our dogs played nicely for a little while. Then a lab with a ball came up and dropped it by my feet. I grabbed it quickly and passed it to the owners saying ''hang on to this while I walk past, as my dog is very ball obsessed and I'll never get it off him''. The lurcher lady heard all of this and started to tell me about another dog she knew that was like that. We chatted about it for abit then I said my goodbyes and walked off.

On the way back I met the lurcher lady again. She was just about to throw her dog's ball so I shouted out ''oops, hang on and I'll just get him on lead in case''. She said it's OK she'll keep hold of it. Woody went up to sniff the ball. She teased him with it for abit and then THREW IT FOR HIM!!!!

I was furious! It took 23 minutes of me trying every tactic in the sun, with her laughing at me and telling me I had a problem dog etc etc. I could have thumped her!

In the end I had to get her address, walk off back to the car, get it off him in the car (the only way to do it successfully) and then drive to her house to drop the ball off because ''my dog loves that ball, it's his favourite so I will need it back I'm afraid.''

Stupid, idiot, twatty woman!!!!

Next time I see her, she's mine!!!!! Grrrrrr!!
I think you were very generous taking the ball back to her home.

I am afraid I wouldnt have, no matter how much her dog loved it.

Lost balls are fair game to any dog that picks them up, and if someone throws a ball obsessed dog their ball, then it would fall into the losers weepers , finders keepers category.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Oh Sadie is the exact same - they don't listen. And when I tell them "Ooh hang on, let me get her lead on she'll jump up you for it" they hold the ball as high as they can and they end up with scratches serves them right!

I'd have took the ball back with holes in it or not even took it back - you told her not to throw it for him so big deal if it's her dogs favourite. Just shows your a bigger person than I
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think you were very generous taking the ball back to her home.

I am afraid I wouldnt have, no matter how much her dog loved it.

Lost balls are fair game to any dog that picks them up, and if someone throws a ball obsessed dog their ball, then it would fall into the losers weepers , finders keepers category.
I agree, Id of said ''well sorry it will be chewed up now, looks like you'll have to buy a new one
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Well I know where that ball would have ended up....
No, actually she wouldn't have got it back at all!! At least you're prepared for next time...
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2011, 01:24 PM
loli wouldve said youve been warned its tough go and get your dog another ball! bloody stoopid woman
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 01:29 PM
Yup I'd have chopped the ball up and posted it through her letter box with a really cheerful 'Sorry but I did warn you'

hahahahaha - some people eh!!
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 01:47 PM
She sounds like she's as big a moron as the one Marius & I met this morning!

Don't they make you mad - I think I'd have been tempted to accidentally on purpose throw it back to her but aim at her face!

What a tool
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Hi Pidgy - You meet 'em everywhere don't you ? As others have said I think you were very good to return that ball, but then I think I know that you are that kind of person BTW nice to see you posting again, have missed your input on here.
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 03:44 PM
That woman would have no chance of getting that ball back from me thats for sure, what an idiotic thing to do, god I would have been soooooooo angry
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >