Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2007, 05:04 PM

Our first show - Lowther Companion Dog Show

Well, we entered Hoki & Kip in their first companion dog show yesterday.

Kip came first in Best Rescue and 6th in Best Veteran.

The judge really seemed to take a shine to him - I was just so chuffed especially because there were quite a lot of entries.

Hoki didn't get placed in anything, but I was really pleased that she seemed comfortable surrounded by so may other dogs.

My niece also came 5th in young handler (under 10 years old) - this was the first time her Dad had let her handle their 14 month old ESS who is still very excitable and I think the judge was just impressed at her sheer strength and determination in keeping him in check (she's only 7 and not big for her age).

A very nice afternoon and I'm certainly keen to attend some more

I have more photos, but they had my brother's friends children in & I forgot to ask permission to post them
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

07-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Well done Kip with your wins and well done Hoki in being so good amongst all these other dogs.

Sounds like you all had a great day out.

rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 08:43 AM
Glad you had a good day - they are a great day out aren't they.

Well done with the wins too!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 09:09 AM
Well done I remember showing my very first GSD at Lowther Show and winning the rosette for "the dog that the judge would most like to take home" I was very pleased, especially as the Judge was Malcolm Willis (who is a big name in GSDs).

I am glad you had such a nice day out.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Well done Kip with your wins and well done Hoki in being so good amongst all these other dogs.

Sounds like you all had a great day out.

Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Glad you had a good day - they are a great day out aren't they.

Well done with the wins too!
Thanks Eunice & Rachel - yes, I can see me getting quite hooked although with my two it won't ever be more than companion shows. Already found myself scouring the internet looking for more to go to!

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Well done I remember showing my very first GSD at Lowther Show and winning the rosette for "the dog that the judge would most like to take home" I was very pleased, especially as the Judge was Malcolm Willis (who is a big name in GSDs).

Thanks Moobli - I can see how you would be so chuffed with that.
Must admit I have no idea who our judge was - I really should have found that out
pod
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post

Gosh, that's something to be proud of! I also happen to know that Malcolm's favourite dog (of his own) of all time is one that I bred .... a Bernese

Well done Hali. Hope you and yours enjoy many more shows
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Awwwwwww thats so lovely.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2007, 09:57 PM
Well done for taking the plunge into companion showing - you`ll be hooked now I trust

What a lovely set of results, you must be chuffed to bits and deservedly so, and a huge well done to your niece, she should be very proud of herself :smt041

So pleased that Hoki had an enjoyable day too, I know when my Gremlin was able to go to a show for the first time and coped brilliantly with the atmosphere it was such a breakthrough for her, she thoroughly enjoys `big` atmospheres now - she sends a, [ lady-like ], high five to Hoki
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Well done,
I had a good day as well, Woody got a second in a really big AV sporting class I was really chuffed.
He couldnt quite emulate is dad though who got Reserve Best in Show last year but a 13 months I'll let him off