Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:08 AM

Getting a new Dog?/with update

I might be getting one! I've been feeling more and more miserable without Brandie so even though it's only been a week I think it's the best thing to do I was going to wait longer but I don't think it would get any easier

It was an accident though. I went to the RSPCA today to donate some of Brandie's toys and things then had a little look around. And fell for a gorgeous dog called Bailey. I had a think (and a little cry ) and decided to ask about him, and filled in the forms. One thing led to another really. I hope I'm doing the right thing!
Of course they could decide that I'm not the right owner for him, or that my home doesn't pass. But I'm hoping it goes ok.

Bailey is another collie cross. Not sure what with, possibly german shepherd, maybe a bit of spaniel! But there's definately collie in him. He's a medium/large 1 year old nutter! He is VERY bouncy and energetic. He also has a few obsessive issues, mainly constant tail chasing. But I'm sure he could become a lovely mannered boy with training and LOTS of exercise. I think he could be perfect for keeping me occupied, I am prepared for hard work. I just hope they agree

Sorry this is turning into an epic post. Thought I would let you all know what's happening as you've been great lately. Going back to see him tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens and if they think we're suited.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Hi Brandie, I would go with your instincts, a new dog may help and it could be fate that you have come face to face with this new little fellow. I hope tomorrow all goes well for you.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2006, 01:34 AM
I am so pleased that you have found another dog. I hope all goes to plan - he will be one lucky boy to have found such a dedicated and loving owner - fingers crossed

I always think that it does honour to the memory of the dog that is gone to get another. After all, had Brandie not enriched your life and given you so much love and so many wonderful memories you would not contemplate it. I am certain she would be delighted for you to have another companion
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:38 AM
Where are you going ? Let me come too..please. No, really, I think that's really good news. I did the same, I visited Dogs Trust, even applied for a job there, but still waiting to hear.
You have to do what your heart tells you, and if that is going to make you feel happier again then so be it.
Fingers crossed for you and Bailey (lovely name too)
Big hugs from me x
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
I am so pleased that you have found another dog. I hope all goes to plan - he will be one lucky boy to have found such a dedicated and loving owner - fingers crossed

I always think that it does honour to the memory of the dog that is gone to get another. After all, had Brandie not enriched your life and given you so much love and so many wonderful memories you would not contemplate it. I am certain she would be delighted for you to have another companion

Well put what a beautiful reply :smt001 and I am in total agreement with you
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:40 AM
Thanks Trixy. I think it is a bit late to turn away and leave him there!

And thanks Shadowboxer, that is a great way to look at it. Very true aswell- I went for years with no dog before brandie but now I can't manage a few weeks!

I hope things work out tomorrow. I was lucky enough to meet him out of the kennels and he's such a lovely boy. He jumped all over me - I ended up with mud splodges right up to my neck!

Feeling both happy and sad right now though.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Thanks CanineRbest. I hope you get your job I love his name too. trying not to get too attached just yet though.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:46 AM
My mums cat passed away a few days ago and she as been so unhappy, but a friend bought her a new kitten 2 days ago and it has helped her actually, at first she thought she would feel guilty, but is now enjoying life with her new kitten, it as been the best thing for her.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 01:50 AM
That's good to know. Sorry that your mum lost her cat though
I do feel guilty and upset, but I really think a dog would help.
And to be honest I don't think he will leave me much time to feel anything except exhaustion!
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2006, 02:00 AM
Very true he will give you some meaning to life again, a pet is a substitute for many things they bring so much love and friendship into our lives that people without them cant even begin to understand what its like when they have gone, I can only imagine how you feel but the pain will ease in time x
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »