View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-05-2004, 02:48 PM
I hope the same thing does not happen when Im out with ROcky! (hes gonna be 120lbs!) and it'll be even worse if the owner of the other dog will start to have a 'go' because Rocky might have a 'go' back at him!
moo
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 02:52 PM
Mia is 6 stone dont know what that is in lbs (no good at maths) so she's not little really, she flattens me, i think if i saw you walking Rocky i'd cross over the road, he looks huge already
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-05-2004, 03:14 PM
He soft as mud tho - if he hears any dogs barking he wants to run indoors! Awww bless him

lol re crossing the road because I think i'm gonna do that if I see ANY other dog (dont want them attacking Rocky!).
moo
Dogsey Senior

14-05-2004, 03:20 PM
lol i'd like to see that are you gonna be crossing the road for big dogs or ankle biters aswell
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-05-2004, 03:44 PM
especially the ankle biters! lol
Sarah
Dogsey Junior

14-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Hi Moo

I have a 6 yr old rottie and she is soft as putty(until the window cleaner is on the windows outside LOL) When I first got her at 6 weeks old she was the first in my village and people used to say to me 'Oh no, why on earth would you want one of THOSE'. Well me being ever so protective of my breed asked why the person had one of THOSE and pointed at her child. After a while with the sneers, remarks and people crossing the road I decided it was time to teach them a lesson. So as Daisy got older and could be walked I started following people and asking them to pet her and speak to her. And her being her was all waggy bodied and loving every minute of it. The more I did this the more people were coming round to the fact that this puppy was in good hands, it wasn't nasty like the papers and TV had been saying. She was actually OK. I also told kids not to run up to her shouting but to walk up to her saying her name and then petting her (I also warned them of the fact that they MUST ask before petting ANY dog).
NOW, we can't move for people crossing over to actually speak to her. Big difference eh? My whole street always asks for her and the kids LOVE her. In fact I am overwhelmed to the amount of people who used to point and stare at her are actually pointing and saying 'Hello ma hen, hows my girl?'. So people need educated, its a hard task but if there are folks like me out there doing it, it DOES make a difference.

Now about that TWAT! I walk four dogs, Rottie(85lbs), Staff mix(50lbs), Irish staff(45-50lbs) and little mongrel(10-15lbs). They are all well behaved and obedient(apart from Irish staff as he is still learning). So everytime I see dogs in the distance I recall them and lead them up. Now if I was to see one person with four large dogs I would put MY dog on lead. But, there are the idiots whose dogs only want to play, and they are so friendly blah blah blah. And their dog walks up to mine, finds out they are on lead and starts following us, pawing at the littlest who is always off lead and severely peeing him off and growling at him. Now his pack are going to protect him and they start barking and pulling. (One word from me and they stop). But this pees me off. You ask them to put their dog on a lead and they walk by you laughing. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Sooooo, if Neo isn't with us(Irish staff) and Daisy aren't with us and I meet this person again. AGAIN I ask him to put his dog on a lead and he ignores me. And again and again. So I let MY dog off the lead. Different story altogether when he has to rescue his dog that has gotten into a bit of a situation after annoying the little guy once too often. THEN its a different story. I get abuse, swearing etc etc. And all I say is 'I did ask you like 10 times to put your dog on a lead, if yours is off then mines has every right to be off too'. Soon wipes the smile off his face. And now, he keeps his dog on a lead. This type of thing SOOOOO annoys me and happens almost weekly. I have called the police and dog wardens on many occassions. Just to be told (after my dog as a puppy was mauled almost to death) - DOGS FIGHT, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE STRAY DOGS AND THERE WILL ALWAYS BE IRRESPONSIBLE INDIVIDUALS. IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN LET YOUR DOG GO AND DO ANYTHING YOU CAN TO STOP YOUR DOG BEING HURT. So I do.
I say if we don't protect our dogs, who will?

Sorry about the lecture but this thing is a BIG issue where I stay. Too many 'off the latch' dogs.
Hope I didn't put any of you off me LMAO

Sarah
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-05-2004, 08:44 AM
*Hugs* for Mia and Moo
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2004, 04:44 AM
I've noticed that dogs like to challenge and attack my dog, and the Presa that I watched too. It makes no sense to me. If I was a little dog, or littler than my dogs, I'd stay the heck away from them. Nope. I can't tell you how often my dogs have been attacked by off leash dogs. I have Tigger trained not to fight back. He'll just use his chest and paws to push off the other dogs, and keep them away from me until we can run and make a getaway. We have leash laws here, but nobody in my neighborhood seems to know... I wouldn't care if the dogs left mine alone, but they don't.
K9bristow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Moo i have to say i am so sorry but i have 2 Gsd's 1 of them is a big softie and usually get picked on by dogs like yours as he is a wimp the other would growl at your dog if it came up to him as he don't like in your face dogs my dogs are put on lead when ever a dog is in sight because not all dog like other dogs .I walk 6 dogs together on and off lead but they are all under control they may bark (GSD's more than any of the others) but i am in control so i have to this day never had a bad experience that my dogs have cause its usually people who have not got there dog under control and blame everyone else . Hope you are ok and your mia is too.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2004, 04:10 AM
I like your Mark Twain quote
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >