Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2009, 10:17 PM

Not rheumatoid arthritis...?

I went for my appointment at rheumatology today.

The registrar doesn't think it is rheumatoid arthritis which is a relief...

However, he has mentioned 3/4 possibilities and done some blood tests. I am to go back in 6 weeks for a follow up.

He thinks it could be Raynauds/Scleroderma (whilst Raynauds would be a relief, Scleroderma sounds scary), inflammatory arthritis or Lupus (which sounds even scarier).

So I just have to wait now... He said it sounds a lot like Raynauds but there are symptoms of Scleroderma there too...
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2009, 11:11 PM
I only know about Raynaud's because I was diagnosed last year, but since getting my fleece lined leather gloves it's so much better (says she with her toes wrapped in a fleece as she can't feel them lol).
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Well your getting abit nearer to finding out the problem hun, thats a positive thing. how are your hands?
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 12:05 AM
*Hugs* Lottie I know exactly what you're going through as I've been down that road myself - Lupus looked likely (and my brother has it) but I was told 2 weeks ago tomorrow actually that I have Multiple sclerosis, so I'm kinda in shock myself right now, and I know how scary it can all seem. hopefully it'll be one of the 'lesser' evils for you. Take care sweetie XXX
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 12:08 AM
Thanks guys,

Thanks Lynn, they're not too bad at the moment. Not half as bad as they were but still look a bit yucky and I can definitely feel the swelling in them.

Thankfully not as painful as they have been... I've been using some thinsulate gloves that a friend left behind when she visited! I'll have to ask her where she got them!

The problem is, gloves are no good when you're dealing with money in a shop or trying to reward the dogs that you're being paid to train so my mum's ordered some self heating gloves with fingers but have the fingertips open so I can wear them while I'm working and training!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Thanks Kath,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis ((Big hugs back))
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2009, 12:13 AM
Thanks Hun, Let us know how you get on. XX
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2009, 12:13 AM
I bet the cold weather we've been having hasn't helped either. those gloves sound good ,hope they help, you will have to train the dogs to take the money lol