Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2023, 03:50 PM

Friday 21st April 2023

Afternoon all
Been very busy, a friend is having a really bad time, I hardly slept worrying about her and the kids. Hopefully she will be getting out of the situation quickly, we have offered help where we can and hopefully she will take us up on it
Had a mixed day weather wise... hope today is better as I am out!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2023, 05:26 PM
Good evening Griff. Hope your friend is able to get some sort of help quickly.

I have also been busy. Managed to get Teazle out this morning before the rain then it was housework. Had early lunch as I was on standby to sit the youngest grandchild whilst mum went to watch Ana swimming. My goodness what a child. Shouting kicking and throwing herself about just so mummy would not leave her in the car with me. It didn't work but when I got back to Ben's house she started with a huge tantrum. Lying on the floor kicking a screaming. Unfortunately for her I could understand some of what she said. She wanted her mum not me and kept repeating it. This went on for 3/4 of an hour then she eventually calmed down and we sat together whilst she played on her tablet. She was very good when I had to get her ready to go and pick Maria up and then going round to pick Sarah up. But when mum and the other two got in she started again not wanting Ana to sit next to her. Unfortunately she is allowed to have her own way at home (Brazil) and it is not working out like that here. Ben and I will not stand for it and so she just has to come out of the tantrum without any reward. Hopefully won't have to do it again. I know she doesn't really know me but she has seen me enough to know who I am.

take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2023, 05:43 PM
Lynn just seen pets at home and a beautiful Bernese mountain dog.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2023, 06:27 PM
Oh god Sue, I couldn't be having that! I never had tantrums really as I knew it achieved nothing, if I did play up my nan would just take me to a bedroom, put me in and tell me to stay there until I could behave lol....very very rare. I used to just copy my mates son, if he was tantruming I just threw myself on the floor
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2023, 07:00 PM
Take 2

Typed out a long post and then stupidly pressed the big red X in the corer of my screen and deleted the whole page

Good evening Griff Sue Brenda and all to follow. Will try to recap

Busy day here this morning went to M&S food hall and managed to loose a whole hour wandering through the aisles. Then into Asda for my "big" monthly shop. Came home work washing on the line and meet a fried who I have not seen for awhile for coffee (shall not do that again decided I do not like coffee out) so next time a walk or something I think.

Tomorrow the community allotment and then out again with my friend and Burt the vocal Chihuahua. LOL Sunday lunch with a good friends. It rained here this morning and nice the afternoon the rain was welcome for the new turf laid which is going well.

Griff hope you pal gets things on an even keel all you can do is be kind and listen as you obviously are.

Brenda I have seen that advert and it also made me think of Lynn and Gorden. Hope your day has been good?

Sue Your days are always interesting were the older girls the same with tantrums? maybe she has been the "only one" for a while and is used to getting her way and all the attention with no sharing. How's your turf?

Chris Hope you maintenance week has been beneficial to all your health's and what's the new sofa like comfy?

Lynn When does your caravan season start? and any news from the "potential" puppy family?

Right have a good evening all will browse a while and next time I will post then edit so not to loose the post.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2023, 10:12 PM
Good evening all

Been busy. The three sets of drawers are now in and everything is now ready for the junk to be put out of sight. I did manage to get OH to let me throw away a ton of stuff (that he always thought may come in handy although how a broken DVD player and a very outdated tablet would ever come in handy is anyone's guess). Had a guy in to put the drawers together for us as, alas, it is too much for us these days. Worth every penny of the £50 he charged.

A productive week Gary-wise too. After a few kick off's at the start, he has now started doing the exercises that should help free up his frozen shoulder. It's very much a watch this space on that one. Yesterday I had a very productive chat with his neurologist regarding his mood swings. She said that there were changes to his frontal lobe after the very nasty fall he had and she believes that is behind what we are seeing. She's ordering an MRI, upping his epilepsy meds and giving him anti depressants too to see if that helps him any. We were never told about the changes that were seen on the CT scan at the time which I'm not happy about. Then (they do say it comes in three's) he's finally got his appointment through for the Charles Clifford Dental Hospital in Sheffield to discusss implants as he's not allowed dentures because of his fits. Absolutely dreading both the journey and the parking problems at the end of it but it has to be done.

My Brother is in hospital and we don't think he will be coming out. I'm on pins every time the phone rings. He has Parkinson's and he's now at the stage of being unable to swallow. We've been through this before with Dave's mum so we know that the inevitable is coming

I hate the new sofas Kazz, but Dave loves them. I find them uncomfortable, but that might be because I pulled my back out so I'm still sort of reserving judgement until it eases up fully