Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Poor Georgie, hope everything goes ok tomorrow, will be thinking of you, big hugs to you and Georgie xoxoxox
Sorry, I seem to have missed you JUles! Thanks though.xx
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks Boobah. Yes, I think they should have investigated further a very long time ago. Again, it points to how useless his previous vet was to me! Remember the lameness that I took him along 4 times and got different diagnosis', only to find when I changed vets, that a forelimb limp can point to liver enlargement which the poor boy actually HAD!!! Grrrr, some vets!! At least this is a proper RCVS Hospital, so I'm sure they will now get to the bottom of it for him.
Give you a better one although sad this vet said she was also a tad over weight and to put her on a diet.Two wks later she was rushed into a dif vet with closed pyo and we lost her after an em op one wk after the op.Was so sad and heart breaking as we did all we could to try to save her,have new vet now,costs a fortune but you only get what you pay for,xxxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 01:13 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear that. I've had two with pyo but luckily had a good vet on both occassions and he saved them both! So sorry.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 01:20 PM
Hi H!
I am no medic or vet, but there does seem to me to be a link between itching and ear infections and anal glands,also chewing at their feet and all of that.So many dogs I've known have been itchy AND had problems with their ear. As I say I'm no expert, but if you also noticed a reduction in Georgies itchiness then fingers crossed huh? No vet has ever told me theres a link, its just sheer observation....

Anyway,yes, I think you are doing the right thing as it must be miserable for him always getting the infections back and all the ABs can't be good for him in the long run. Lets hope they just are able to do the simple procedure H. Big hugs all around. xxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 01:29 PM
Thanks A, yes he's been gnawing at his feet all day, and his deriere All points to it doesn't it! I think you are most definitely right (again!)xxxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

11-10-2007, 02:14 PM
Aw Helena I am so sorry to hear that but if it is finally going to get to the root of the problem of George's ear then it is for the best. I do hope all goes well and the vet finds out the cause. Maybe a bug got in or something! Poor Georgie. My thoughts with him and you as well. It must be a worry for you. Please give him big cuddles from me and doggy kisses from Loki to Georgie. Mind and update the progress. Fingers crossed and good thoughts your way.

Take care xx
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh poor Georgie, if it's not one thing it's another, I do hope all goes well tomorrow and they manage to get it sorted before having to resort to major surgery, big (((HUGS))) to you both., and a big wet sloppy splosh up the snitch from Jack.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Oh poor Georgie, I hope they find whatever is causing the problem. Is it a lateral ear resection he might need? Where they take out the 'l' part of the ear canal so it just drains straight like our ear canal. If it is that Helena and you do a search on it you will get lots of info. I have a friend who's dog needs this done but he won't let him as they lost a dog a few years ago under anesthetic.
shaza
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh No! Poor Georgie, I hope all goes well for him tomorrow and that he wont need the big Op! Just when you think things are improving awww!

Give him lots of hugs from me and doggie licks from Oz!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by Brandykins View Post
Aw Helena I am so sorry to hear that but if it is finally going to get to the root of the problem of George's ear then it is for the best. I do hope all goes well and the vet finds out the cause. Maybe a bug got in or something! Poor Georgie. My thoughts with him and you as well. It must be a worry for you. Please give him big cuddles from me and doggy kisses from Loki to Georgie. Mind and update the progress. Fingers crossed and good thoughts your way.
Take care xx
Thanks Rose, I'm thinking it might have been a grass seed or something from when we used to go out on the bike in the longer grass If it was something like that, I'm just hoping they find it and take it out before it's had a chance to get into the bone (the infection I mean). Thanks for the kisses from gorgeous Loki and George.xxx

Originally Posted by CLMG View Post
Oh poor Georgie, if it's not one thing it's another, I do hope all goes well tomorrow and they manage to get it sorted before having to resort to major surgery, big (((HUGS))) to you both., and a big wet sloppy splosh up the snitch from Jack.
Thanks Christine, here we go again then!!! xx

Originally Posted by random View Post
Oh poor Georgie, I hope they find whatever is causing the problem. Is it a lateral ear resection he might need? Where they take out the 'l' part of the ear canal so it just drains straight like our ear canal. If it is that Helena and you do a search on it you will get lots of info. I have a friend who's dog needs this done but he won't let him as they lost a dog a few years ago under anesthetic.
Thanks Random, I suppose I'd better do a search on it which is going to be more informative than her quick drawing, but it looked like they take out the whole of the canal and make a hole which comes straight out in his neck??!!Bit shocking isn't it???!!! She said by the time it heals over you won't even know, but he will have to wear a lampshade for quite a while.

Originally Posted by shaza View Post
Oh No! Poor Georgie, I hope all goes well for him tomorrow and that he wont need the big Op! Just when you think things are improving awww!

Give him lots of hugs from me and doggie licks from Oz!
Thanks Sharon (you forgot the doggie licks from Nykie though ). Yes, down we go again!
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »