View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
findahou
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi Shibby here's a warm welcome to you, i have bred litters of fell terriers in the past 7 yrs and know how scarry it can be even with knowledge.... i would surgest going to your local pet store to see if they stock 'the book of the bitch' this way might be quicker than waiting for it to arrive by post....
It sounds as if she is due soon coz from experience with my bitch her teats became swollen about 5-7 days before whelping....i'm not trying to scare you or anything but just trying to put you in the picture and think of a quicker way for you to get hold of this very good book!!!!
Get all the advice you need from your vet if nessisary write down any questions you want to ask before you go to see the vet..... as i know from past vet visits i have forgotten to ask some very important questions.....
You know that there are some very good people on here that can help.....Dont be afraid to ask!!!!!!!!!!!
Good luck keep us all informed on how you and the dog is doing take care and enjoy
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-08-2005, 04:10 PM
a lovely member of this forum is sending me a copy of that book thankyou for the help
Kady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-08-2005, 04:26 PM
I have just had a litter of Dals and would back up what was said earlier, the book of the bitch is invaluable, it tells you so much & not just about welping etc.

Vet bed type bedding is really good which is a backed artificial type sheepskin. Machine washable & I had 3 or 4 pieces because it needs changing every day & twice a day later on as you start to wean them & mum stops cleaning up so much after them.

You need to find out how far gone she is really, bitches are in welp for approx 9 weeks about 63 days I think. The vet should be able to tell with a scan or by feeling gentlely. When she gets to about 5 or 6 weeks gone you need to start increasing her food intake.

Hope this helps for starters!

Kady
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2005, 04:27 PM
your not that far away from me im in long eaton.
i would think a pet superstore should have the things you need and by the sounds of it the sooner the better.
where abouts in leicester are you?
we are junc 25 of the m1.
your'll be fine you only need to shout help and some one will try on here.
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 04:30 PM
*is gleeful* You have no idea how glad I am that you have all accepted Shib so warmly - and agreed to help her! I knew you all would!

Sorry - i'll stop crowing... lol

xx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2005, 04:34 PM
course we will help!
after all we get more puppy pics....lol
if i can help during whelping give me a ring.will pm you my number!
tjhoe68
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Hi, Sorry I can't help as I've never bred before but just want to say I have heard from many breeders that the book mentioned is the best. I saw it at our local pets at home so it's worth looking in there.

Good luck hun and I'm sure with all the help from the lovely people on here you'll do just fine
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 04:54 PM
i would tell him to shove his £35.......if she has now be given over to you get it in writing and accept no money from him or soon he will be saying he wants half the pups and his bitch back ........! sounds like a dodgy deal to me
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2005, 04:55 PM
I live too far away to help but just want to wish Shib well.....she'll be fine!
findahou
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-08-2005, 04:59 PM
I agree with Inca.... get him to sign her over to you and let him have nothing to do with her or the pup's.....they are all better off with you.....
Good luck hope to hear from you soon with some good news
Page 6 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »