View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 06:11 PM
I thought about that but he's really made very little progress on it. The total missing is about 1" x 1" square and I think he gnawed it off rather than got it all off in one chunk. He hasn't had any bones for a good 5 days either and he normally has a very high tolerance for things that other dogs find constipating.

He is over due for worming. Is ok to do that while he's being sick? It seems to make sense to wait, but if worms are the cause...
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 06:14 PM
I haven't got any Drontal at home right now. Could scoot to PAH. Or I have Advocate which does most worms except tape I think

ETA: I found some slippery elm so I've given him some of that.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
He has had a drink and did wee in the walk (although hes been on toilet strike in the garden for a few days because of the rain)

I *think* he did a poo first thing this morning but I really can't remember. I have been worried that he's swallowed something but I haven't seen it if he has. I'll keep an eye on him and see if he goes later tonight. If he hasn't gone by tomorrow morning then there could be something wrong.

He's normally wormed regularly but with everything that's been going on, he could well be overdue. I'll check...

Cain always eats some grass, but he is eating excessive amounts today.
Poor Cain, hope he is better soon.
Whenever Pepsi is poorly she spends all her time in the garden eating grass. We can't stop her or get her to come in until either she is sick or she goes to the toilet, when the grass usually comes out in a hay bale
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 06:45 PM
Ok, he just did a poo. It's soft and kind of red

Sorry for the gross photos but I've never seen this before. Any thoughts?

majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 06:47 PM
Poor Cain

Hopefully it is something simple like he has just snaffled something naughty when you weren't looking. Fingers crossed it passes quickly.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 06:51 PM
Lordy, poor boy. One of our dogs had quite severe collitis bouts which sometimes looked a bit like that.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 06:54 PM
Vets for me if I saw that unless he ate a red felt pen i would have to get it checked, hope he is ok x x
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 07:09 PM
I'd give him mash potato and natural yoghurt/pro-biotic for tonight and see how he is in the morning. It's quite a lot of red for colitis but I've had one literally pooing blood and all the vets have given him is an anti-inflammatory jab and metronidazole to clear it up. I fed the above for a couple of days and it sorted him out. Maybe worth trying tonight to give him a break from harder to digest foods.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
I'd give him mash potato and natural yoghurt/pro-biotic for tonight and see how he is in the morning. It's quite a lot of red for colitis but I've had one literally pooing blood and all the vets have given him is an anti-inflammatory jab and metronidazole to clear it up. I fed the above for a couple of days and it sorted him out. Maybe worth trying tonight to give him a break from harder to digest foods.
Same as our Tigger, he used to suffer terribly
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2012, 07:29 PM
hope cain feels better soon.
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »