Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
http://www.themastersvoice.co.uk/201...r/cobbydog.php

Thats the bag of food in that photo but thats not their site. They have a link there though. The food is not advertised for online sale on their (cobbydog) site but you could call them.
Thanks - I thought it was weird that they don't supply it online - but luckily there is a ESS that is a worker down the road from my OH so I can maybe go down and ask him tomorrow if he knows of it/feeds it
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by AnimalFactor View Post
Dogs LOVE food...its a big part of their enjoyment in life. It saddens me to think of a poor wee dog having to eat what they are given, or starve.... Sorry, just my opinion....
yes, because you have your own dogs, dont you
AnimalFactor
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2010, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
yes, because you have your own dogs, dont you
And....???
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Luke is on Taste of the Wild, Pacific Stream.
It costs $67 for a 30 pound bag and I buy 2 a month.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by AnimalFactor View Post
And....???
Well, you are quick to judge those that dont spend a fortune on food even though you do not even have your own dog, you dont know what 'works' for your dogs so you cant even use that as a guide.

Mine are fed csj, its cheap and its good. Since I moved them on to this i have noticed a big difference in their coats and their performance in the ring- sadie has more energy and ripley is much more focussed and biddable. Of course, this may not be down to just the food but i believe it makes a difference.

Some of the top agility/competition dogs in the country (and abroad) are fed csj- its value for money doesnt seem to be affecting their health!!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Well, you are quick to judge those that dont spend a fortune on food even though you do not even have your own dog, you dont know what 'works' for your dogs so you cant even use that as a guide.

Mine are fed csj, its cheap and its good. Since I moved them on to this i have noticed a big difference in their coats and their performance in the ring- sadie has more energy and ripley is much more focussed and biddable. Of course, this may not be down to just the food but i believe it makes a difference.

Some of the top agility/competition dogs in the country (and abroad) are fed csj- its value for money doesnt seem to be affecting their health!!
Hmmm now you say that - my Sadie didn't eat biscuits - not even with meat in it - but it's strange how she took to CSJ. She has more energy, which is great to say she's 9 and I don't know if it's the teen stage but Louie's focus has dropped but I changed him from the breeders food to Harringtons and he got bored of that and we've had him on CSJ for 6-7 months and he's starting to get bored of that. Maybe I ought to just put some Chappie in it? Hmmm still having a look into Cobbydog though
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Zo was on the [pup food CP27 & really start getting bored,so i started doing half/half (cp27/Cp 21)until shes fine now shes on the adult.

It was prob cos she just didnt need that much protien.
Tinglesnark
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-12-2010, 09:37 AM
why is animalfactor still posting when their profile says they are banned?

Just because something is not expensive, does not mean it is rubbish. Far too many people get hung up on the price tag of something, rather than actually worrying about the ingredients.

My old lurcher lived until he was 18 and he ate tinned food mixed with brown bread because anything else cause his intestines to bleed. Not quite up to the standards of some dog food nazi's i am sure but at the end of the day it does matter how much you spend if you dont actually have the money!

SLB - Wainrights seems to be a good food so far - Del is on it and loves it (puppy salmon and tatty) and its a ecent price - ive only bough tthe small bags so far and they are about 7 quid

x
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by Tinglesnark View Post
why is animalfactor still posting when their profile says they are banned?

Just because something is not expensive, does not mean it is rubbish. Far too many people get hung up on the price tag of something, rather than actually worrying about the ingredients.

My old lurcher lived until he was 18 and he ate tinned food mixed with brown bread because anything else cause his intestines to bleed. Not quite up to the standards of some dog food nazi's i am sure but at the end of the day it does matter how much you spend if you dont actually have the money!

SLB - Wainrights seems to be a good food so far - Del is on it and loves it (puppy salmon and tatty) and its a ecent price - ive only bough tthe small bags so far and they are about 7 quid

x
See I feed Sadie the Wainwrights senior treats and I really do like them - the smell I mean. I just get confused about the ingredients and a small bag would be gone in two days he is a big puppy he gets half a dish in the morning (which Sadie normally eats) and half a dish late afternoon - plenty of treats inbetween as we do training 3x a day - if I have time (today I'm at an interview so he will only get two training sessions) I'll have a look - I'm glad I've got you guys - I'd be lost right about now
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Thats good - where do you order from?
I order from Landywoods (I'm not too far from them, so delivery is probably cheaper).
I was fairly lucky in that my lad Sam didn't like the more expensive meats, so I just bought a loads of chicken carcasses and tripe as it's the only thing he would eat.
The price will probably go up on my next order as I now have non fussy dogs.
Page 6 of 12 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »