View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I decided to take him for a short walk, because he always has a drink when he gets home so I thought it might encourage him to drink.

As soon as I picked up his harness, he got off his bed and came over to the door! He was keen to go on his walk which I guess is good, but was slow coming home. He did a normal poo down the park, so at least his digestive system appears to be working ok.

Got home, he had a short drink, still didn't eat and went back to bed *sigh* I'm hoping it's just an off day and he'll start eating again. If he doesn't eat all day, we'll be off to the vets tomorrow.

I've called the people who run our dog training class but they weren't in. I'm hoping that they can pop in during the day, let him out for a wee, feed him a small meal and maybe take him on a short walk. I'd feel better if someone can check on him while I have to go to work.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Sorry to hear he doesn't feel so good today, but sleep is a wonderful thing for healing, so just let him sleep, and hopefully, later on today, he will be hungry. I'm so sorry you're living such a rollercoaster with him, but don't give up hope, I'm sure with your tlc he'll come through this. Good luck for today, I really hope he eats something later, but they really DO know best you know, so don't pressurize him to eat! I had two weeks of this after my puppy's spey, so she only got to eat when SHE wanted to! Take care, I'm so sorry, but it will be up and down like this, and as I said, sleeping is good, it's the way the body deals with sickness whilst it heals itself, so try not to worry too much.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Well he has a platter to choose from when he does decide to eat He has his food that he's been eating for the last few days (lamb and rice and green tripe) which he refused this morning, I have also added plate with a little cooked chicken, tinned tuna, hot dog and cheesy scrambled egg so he can pick something later. He's also had his food and water bowl moved into the living room next to his bed, I guess we'll see how he goes...
Est
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Poor boy, but it does sound as though he's on the road to recovery at last which is fantastic!

I agree with Helena54. Lots of sleep is how the body heals. I'm sure he'll start to feel more lively as time goes by
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2010, 12:59 PM
Well he's eaten something......................a handful of Markies and 3 Smackos Moon is a junk food dog through and through Always room for treats! Oh well, I don't care, I'm just happy he has something in his belly. As the vet said, something is better than nothing
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Everytime! Yes, something is always better than nothing. I once had a puppy from a byb who got distemper and my vet said he didn't care if I gave her a bar of chocolate, she had to eat something! It worked (not chocolate though!) and she recovered after a long process. Awwww, I'm so pleased for you, now let him sleep!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2010, 01:40 PM
Still not eating well today Am taking him off to the vets for a check up tonight.......
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2010, 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
Still not eating well today Am taking him off to the vets for a check up tonight.......
Awww, poor baby...I hope he is going to be alright xx
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2010, 01:51 PM
I have been following Moons progress but havent said much as I know little on kidney disease but am keeping my fingers crossed for Moon
Big hugs to you also it must be such a rollercoaster ride for you at the moment.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2010, 02:35 PM
so sorry to hear Moon is so poorly, hope he can amprove soon xx
Page 6 of 13 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »