View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 09:56 AM
What a fright I got when I saw your thread Helena, must have been so frightening for you all, hope your ok this morning, I though some kinda sting too, your poor girl, maybe she swallowed the bloomin bee...Becky could be spot on with the season thing too, just hope it is as simple as that...
Hugs to you (())
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:08 AM
H, so sorry to hear this what a scare you (and Zena) must have got. IHaving read some of the replies I am amazed, I had no idea a season could cause a reaction similar to what poor Zena was displaying. I hope itwas just a bite of some description and that it will all settle down and you getyour mad wee girl back. Was she licking, or trying to lick anywhere? Or shaking of head etc(a bite wouldn't necesarrily show a huge swelling especially not if inside eg throat????) Poor poor you. The worry and anguish and retracing absolutely everything, the trying so hard to find an explanation is so worrying H it drains you. I am so sorry you, and Dave,have had this happen.

Huge hugs to you and gentle ones to the lovely Zena xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Hope she's feeling better now mate.xx
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Hugs to you and Zena - poor you, what a fright you must have got - i hope all is well and everything going back to normal - especially your nutty puppy with her football.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks to each and every one of your and particularly your suggestions and I myself had thought of an overload of hormones if a season is due or something, but I could go on like this all day thinking of this, that and t'other couldn't I!

Would any of you know please how long a 2ml injection of Vetergesic would last please, coz the vet's assistant who rang me this morning said 6 hours, and then the receptionist just told me 12 hours when I picked the stuff up and I need to know coz of watching out when it's wearing off. I can't find this info in my searches, but then my head is spinning atm!

She seemed VERY bright when I just got back, so I filled her pool, she went in it, coz I thought it would help to keep her cool and that temperature down, but she hasn't gone "mad" running around. Then she set about Georgie, and I was thinking to myself, she seems absolutely fine now, but that was half an hour ago, and now she's zonked out in the hallway where I can see her, ball in her mouth, on her side, so she's not all curled up with one leg tucked under in pain like she was last night, her breathing is almost normal, no panting whatsoever, colour is good in her gums, tongue, ears, all back to normal, so I suspect she's tired, BUT, I'm not 100% happy with her, coz when I just went over to her, her pupils were disappearing upwards, but then was she nodding off? Oh this is driving me nuts as you can well imagine. She's staring at nothing again too..... I'm just going to have to keep a VERY close eye on her and if she's still like this in another hour, then it's back to the vets where I will leave her there for them to diagnose her at the very least! That's the bit I'm not happy about, no sickness,no diarrhea, and yet a high temperature and all that went on last night it just doesn't make sense does it?

The enormous amount of poo she did when we got back from the vets at around 1.o0am stank to high heaven, it almost made me heeeeeeaave! That's not normal either, so maybe she did eat something?

All in all, she's not a totally relaxed dog, I don't like this staring bit, I've seen that so many times in the past with Cassie when she was in pain, and I'm now thinking that painkiller might be wearing off. She looks miserable now, not her happy chirpy self, she's just not "right" but then who better to know their own dog than their loving mum hey!!!

Thank God I didn't listen to Dave last night and I insisted on taking her down the vets, when he said she was ok!!!! Never again, I won't even bother to ask him, I'll just go!

I'll let you know how things go and whether I've taken her back in there, coz at the moment, I'm just not happy with her yet! Thanks again guys, always here with such brilliant support as always.xxxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:30 AM
You just keep an eye on her Aitch. You know when she's not right. Big hugs from us. xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:48 AM
I've just rung the vet and asked if I can actually get to speak to one, so the receptionist is going to go down and convey all my findings and get back to me when she's spoken with the vet I saw last night. When Zena is lying on her side, trying to nod off, her eyes sometimes aren't closing, and yet her pupils are disappearing upwards and yet her eyes are open,and that's not right is it???!! When I go over to her, she's back to normal, but of course, not my lively little puppy, so is she just tired coz of the lack of sleep and all that went on last night or the drugs still taking effect or is she really ill. I don't want to rush her down there and seem like an over worried owner, and yet something at the back of my mind is telling me to do just that, but as soon as I pick up that lead, well, you know what's going to happen, and when I walk in that surgery, that tail will be wagging like mad, it's all a bit of a dilema really, so I can only speak to my vet and see what she thinks is the best course of action at the moment can't I. She looks "tucked up" behind the rib cage too, and yet last night the vet said her stomach felt hard? The hernia is nice and soft and she lets me touch that now

I just want her to stay quiet and sleep lots today, but then I don't want to ignore a sign that she IS quiet if ya know what I mean!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Don't worry about the eye thing as mine do that!
Becky
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Thanks Bev. She's crying now again and she's never made this noise before today, but then she just turned upside down which is a good sign isn't it?! I wish that vet would phone coz I'm really thinking now that I would be much happier if she was in their care atm.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 11:00 AM
hope you find out whats wrong soon, xx
Page 4 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »