Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 05:29 AM

Zena been at Emergency Vets half the night

I'm in pieces, I can't tell you the whole story coz I'm shaking and crying too much to type.

We don't know what's wrong, and although we brought her back home at 1am, I had to ring them back to say she was still VERY hot, panting, staring and couldn't stand up (probably the injections, she had 3). She wouldn't come in the kitchen, so I made her comfortable in the boot-room with wet cold towels all over her, finally left her at 3 am sleeping, but still breathing VERY rapidly. OMG, I'm so scared, and the vet is ringing me back at 8.30 am. I think I need more ab's, more Rimadyls.

She's sleeping again now, but DID, walk in from the boot room to the lounge at 6am when Dave got up, she half wagged her tail when I came rushing downstairs, although still almost flat out on the floor, and when she gets up she makes a crying noise that we've never heard before, although that IS the gsd "song" for the gsd owners who know it.

The vet immediately thought pancreatitis, but has now ruled that out with bloods. All bloods show organs working ok, and so is everything else. I have racked and racked my brains all night, but cannot come up with anything.

She suddenly "changed" when I put her to bed, she came in from the back within minutes of lettikng her out, she greeted me in the bootroom like she always does when I open the biccy drawer and then it started, she sniffed me, she stared at me and zoomed indoors, wouldn't go near her biscuits or her bed and wanted to go out the front,it then took us ONE HOUR to get her back in, she wouldn't come further than the front step, almost as if something had scared her in this house, but WHAT, nothing had changed, nobody crashed anything about, all was normal, except HER! When we got her in, she was panting, staring, blah, blah, blah, and although Dave said she's ok I INSISTED I was phoning the vet and taking her in coz she was in PAIN, and lots of it,and she had a temp of 40 when we got there!!! OMG, we just don't know!!!!!! I don't know whether it's all going tocome back when these drugs wear off or whether we can now cure it with the ab's and painkillers for a week, and I've never seen the likes of this in my entire life either with any ofmy dogs! I've seen her stressed and I've seen her in pain, but this was BOTH in one go and it wasn't a pretty sight. Thank God I didn't have to rush her back, and thank God she's alive thismorning coz I did have my doubts when I finally went up tobed at 3 am ish.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 05:33 AM
OMG, my first thought was bloat, but i guess the vets have ruled that out?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 05:59 AM
Hope she picks up soon, hopefully the vet will give you some answers xx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:02 AM
OMG I am so sorry to hear about Zena and I really hope its nothing serious.
I am not sure what sort of area you live in but the I did wonder if she could have been bitten by a snake, especailly as it was so sudden.
(((hugs))) to you and gentle (((hugs))) to Zena.
I hope this soon resolves.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:08 AM
I thought bloat, but then she went out at 5.00pm to 5.30 last night, she ate a small meal at 7.00pm (she has 4 a day you see so they're pretty small meals), all was NORMAL until she went out the back on her own for her last pee and came in like this???? I'm now thinking bea sting coz we do have ONE big bumble bea out the back almost every night up in the big tree, I hear it and see it buzzing around even at that time of night.

Just spoken to Vanessa, she's put my mind at rest now, feeling better.xxxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:27 AM
So sorry to hear this Helena...I know she's still very young, maybe too young to be coming into season, but my pointer Tawny scared me a few times like that, she had so many tests and the only thing they could narrow it down to was her hormones...I thought she was having mini fits as she would just stare and then flinch but they said not. She was speyed and it never happened again.

The bee sting sounds plausible too...Remy went into anaphylactic (sp?) shock following a sting, she was climbing the walls, rushed her to the vets where she had various injections, then she did it again next day when the jabs had worn off. Another course of injections saw her recover fully but it was touch and go at one point.

I have everything crossed that it is something like a bite or allergic reaction, I know how you must be feeling as you love the bones of her. Big hugs xxxx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:32 AM
Oh hon..... poor Zena, and poor you!

Hope she recovers today and is back to her normal self as quickly as possible.

Sending loads of positive vibes and love

x0x0x
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:39 AM
So sorry to hear this.It sounds as if something happened to her in the garden so most likely to be a sting or a bite from something? Hoping that she is better this morning and that you get some answers!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2009, 06:44 AM
(((Hugs))) to you and Zena does sound like something in the garden has frightened her in some way doesn't it ?

I hope she is much better this morning. Positive vibes coming your way. Xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2009, 06:54 AM
Sending gentle hugs xx
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »