View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-07-2009, 06:25 PM
I've said this before in another thread but I'll say it again because it's how strongly I feel that CM is damaging to dogs.

If all other avenues had been travelled and CM was the only "hope" left, I'd rather have my dog PTS than let him anywhere near.

I've seen plenty of his shows and last year even believed in the dominance stuff as this was what was taught at the training club I went to, and being green I took their word as gospel. It was disasterous for me and my dog.
I'd like to thin kI've allowed myself to become more educated these days and I can understand dogs much more than I did and I think what some of these "experts" are allowed to get away with is criminal, and I'm not only refering to CM.
JuniorDaddy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
I've said this before in another thread but I'll say it again because it's how strongly I feel that CM is damaging to dogs.

If all other avenues had been travelled and CM was the only "hope" left, I'd rather have my dog PTS than let him anywhere near.
That is an appalling thing to say & I don't believe you. You are just using shock tactics to make your point.

My dogs are in no way 'damaged' by CM's methods. They are calm, balanced & well mannered (most of the time!) & if they are not I know how to deal with them in a calm, assertive way. Walking on a lead used to be an awful experience, its now a pleasure for me & my dogs who now aren't stressing to pull forward. Where they used to bark out of the window in the mornings, they now walk away & we play ball instead. These are just 2 examples of how our lives have been improved by CM. I'm not alone, I've seen so many people who's lives have also been changed for the better, I'm not talking about on his show, I'm talking about on forums, networking posts & websites.
JuniorDaddy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
CM kicks dogs regularly, you are only offended on this occasion as it was a wolf cross You are so breedist
It's not a kick! It's a tap on the back leg of the dog from behind as you are walking. It distracts the dogs mind from whatever it is barking at or pulling towards, it natural to turn around quickly if someone touches you from behind when you aren't expecting it. You try doing an actual kick, from behind, whilst controlling a dog & walking forward, its hard enough to touch the dog, never mind do it hard!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by JuniorDaddy View Post
It's not a kick! It's a tap on the back leg of the dog from behind as you are walking. It distracts the dogs mind from whatever it is barking at or pulling towards, it natural to turn around quickly if someone touches you from behind when you aren't expecting it. You try doing an actual kick, from behind, whilst controlling a dog & walking forward, its hard enough to touch the dog, never mind do it hard!
Being an ex-dancer, I personally would find it quite easy to do a backward kick.....I take it you have never tried the slosh

As for the amount of pressure CM inflicts in his poke/distraction/kick/whatever, if a dog is focused on something else it would take something more than gentle touch to distract it. More than once he has used this manouver to provoke a reaction, I suppose that it makes better viewing or something.
Some of the things he does like being calm and encouraging exercise are good. It is the points that differentiate him that I object to. Every dog he deals with is dominant even when it isn't, which leads me to believe he is unable to read a dog properly. He is a one trick pony, he is Mr Jazz Hands.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by JuniorDaddy View Post
That is an appalling thing to say & I don't believe you. You are just using shock tactics to make your point.

I'm not alone, I've seen so many people who's lives have also been changed for the better,

1. Me too i agree with her!!!i dont believe in abusing my dogs, It would never happen though because dogs do not need these methods

2. Peoples lives made better/easier ,
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 05:46 AM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Being an ex-dancer, I personally would find it quite easy to do a backward kick.....I take it you have never tried the slosh

As for the amount of pressure CM inflicts in his poke/distraction/kick/whatever, if a dog is focused on something else it would take something more than gentle touch to distract it. More than once he has used this manouver to provoke a reaction, I suppose that it makes better viewing or something.
Some of the things he does like being calm and encouraging exercise are good. It is the points that differentiate him that I object to. Every dog he deals with is dominant even when it isn't, which leads me to believe he is unable to read a dog properly. He is a one trick pony, he is Mr Jazz Hands.
Id quite like to stand next to CM. when he said

"that dog is a red zoner" id kick him lightly on the leg, if he took no notice & continuedsaying it was i would kick him in the goolies, that would "teach" him!!!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 07:35 AM
I would love to do to CM what he does to dogs and see if he likes it!
Becky
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I would love to do to CM what he does to dogs and see if he likes it!
Becky
after seeing what he did to that poor lhasa i agree. help me alpha roll him and pluck his ears will ya?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
after seeing what he did to that poor lhasa i agree. help me alpha roll him and pluck his ears will ya?
Now I wonder what he would say if you Alpha rolled him, and plucked the hairs from somewhere very sensitive

But dont forget , you are misinterpreting what you saw according to some...
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Now I wonder what he would say if you Alpha rolled him, and plucked the hairs form somewhere very sensitive

But dont forget , you are misinterpreting what you saw according to some...
hmm, now i think his veneered smile would fade pretty quickly...

ah of course. i notice they haven't commented on the lhasa. funny that.
Page 15 of 125 « First < 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 65 115 > Last »