Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

17-01-2014, 01:24 PM

Any dog breed fantatics here?

Anyone into dog breeds or a specific breed of dog quite heavily?

As many of you know we are going to start a forum at Breedia soon, and I'd love to hear from people who are 'into' their dog breeds - either to help just test stuff or help sort things out.

So if you're up for it, let me know!
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 01:33 PM
I own mutts, so nope! I am a lover of Retrievers (namely Labs) but have only owned Lab mutts. Not pure bred, so temperaments, appearance, etc. tend to be quite "non standard".

I love Rotties, Ridgebacks, and a few other breeds as well... but my heart is softened towards Lab mutts. Sorry I can't add to the new forum... but I hope to read it anyway.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

17-01-2014, 01:35 PM
As you know Azz mine is the Bernese.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Not me, no. Every time I see a nice dog, I think 'Oh, I'd love one of those' - I've probably seriously considered more or less every breed there is!

I suppose my favourites are poodles, lurchers and border collies. I did buy my last dog - standard poodle - but usually I go for rescues.

Will definitely read it though - and be tempted by most of the breeds!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 02:40 PM
Like Jantet - I see some breeds and read about them on here and start to think I'd like one. But truth is I put in a lot of thought about what 'type' of dog I needed last time. A 'terrier type' came out tops. That's what I got - a minpin.

Size and temperament mattered hugely to me. Not so much looks tho' (I never have, nor ever will, 'show' a dog)

But (just personal preference) I know I could never be happy with what I call a 'slobbery dog' lol! Nor with one whose eyes I either cannot see (I'd be tying the hair back all the time!) or whose eyelids droop down showing red bits of flesh - I just don't like it! Same as for a lot of people there are some 'traits' in other people they just find quite unattractive and off-putting.

So, not ardent about a specific breed - just a type. I still adore CKCSs and GSDs, but will never own another one, just because they would not fit in with my current lifestyle. Both breeds did at the time I owned them - but my lifestyle has changed.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2014, 03:39 PM
There are lots of breeds I like so I'm not into any one breed. Strangely , I was never that keen on Chi's but now have two Chi types
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 03:46 PM
I have an ongoing love affair with Shar-Pei and Tibetan Spaniels. If I was 20 years younger and owned a larger house I'd have half a dozen of each!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2014, 05:25 PM
I am a big dog lover. I never thought any other breed could come close to my beloved Leo. If I had a bigger house I would have a pride of them!!

We are now extremely keen Hungarian Vizsla owners. Our beautiful Rua has just turned 12 months. We welcome another little Vizzie boy home in 5 weeks time.

We are just starting out in the show world but hope to find our feet soon and see how we go.

While I have no intentions right now of breeding, just in case Rua and puppy end up doing really well and I would like a pup from either I am having all her health tests carried out in the next few weeks.

I guess you could say that puts me fairly heavily "into" the breeed.

Nic xx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-01-2014, 05:37 PM
I used to be heavily into Griffons as I bred them, but that was a lifetime ago and I have never seen one since I left England.

Ah but they were little monkeys!
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-01-2014, 05:41 PM
Griffons have frequently been on my 'next dog' list! My friend had a smashing one called Dottie. And I loved Verdell in the film As Good As It Gets.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >